SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
KingofFlames said:
Is yours updated with all of the current things in there?
Builder.cfg is where your preferences are stored. I think you might be thinking of Srb2ex.cfg, which is included in the installer.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Is there a way to reset everything to its default configuration?
Yes: wait for me to fix the installer so that it includes a default config file. ;) I should be able to do that tonight at some point.

Bumpity.

Anyways, I have a weird problem; it seems DB is no longer reading any resource pictures. I'll load it up, select a wad and map as always and when I go to the texture browser...nothing's there. Sure I can see the textures NAMES but there's absolutely no texture previews anymore. I'll even load up an external wad for resources and still, nothing. Any idea what's wrong?

To make things worse, it's treating F_SKY1 and colormap textures as invalid textures.

changes to doom builder for srb2

i did download the srb2 doom builder but i having a hard time figuring out
how to make the level

JJames19119 said:
Bumpity.

Anyways, I have a weird problem; it seems DB is no longer reading any resource pictures. I'll load it up, select a wad and map as always and when I go to the texture browser...nothing's there. Sure I can see the textures NAMES but there's absolutely no texture previews anymore. I'll even load up an external wad for resources and still, nothing. Any idea what's wrong?

To make things worse, it's treating F_SKY1 and colormap textures as invalid textures.
Nothing springs to mind immediately, I'm afraid, but I'll have a think about it. In the meantime, the following would be helpful:

1. Does the same happen in a clean install in a different directory?
2. Are the previews missing only in the browser, or in the info-bar too?

As for the second problem, I've just observed that I also get that in the compiled version, but not when I run it from VB. Which is bizarre.

Thanks for reporting those. I'll give the matter some thought.

Ergh. I can no longer edit any MAINCFG as DB constantly complains about a 414 error: Object Required.

SRB2DB has a weird way of screwing up...

After creating a new map adding a resources WAD, I go into map options after creating a blank sector through Ctrl+Right Click and change the default textures like I always do...but I saw that there were no texture previews. So I exited out and tried to reproduce something I had did earlier...I placed a new Thing and pressed the Test button. After exiting out of SRB2, I found I could no longer select the thing I had placed...it showed it's info when I hovered over it but I couldn't select it, nor could I do anything else with it. Upon trying to zoom in ith the mouse wheel, it crashed.

That's not the end of it though...upon hitting the glitch and testing, it crashes when you right click a thing, it crashes when you go into the texture browser (through Map Options), it crashes when you try to test again, it crashes when you go into any other mode....basically ANYTHING you do after that test, will crash DB. It's to the point to where I can't use DB anymore, especially since this is doing it with EVERY map I create and open. :\ Please fix?

EIP:
Code:
Faulting application buildersrb2.exe, version 1.68.0.399, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, fault address 0x00012a5b.

I can't reproduce that at my end, unfortunately. Something very strange is afoot. Since the crash is in kernel32, that fault address isn't something I can work with directly; if, when you've got a moment, you could please send me the relevant section of drwtsn32.log (run drwtsn32 at the command line to find out where this lives), then I should have enough information to work out at least where it's crashing. Thanks.

User.dmp from the same place would be useful, too, but that gets overwritten with every crash, so it might not be around any more. Oh, and it's probably 50 megs. :P So if you can't be bothered with that, it's no problem; the log file should be sufficient.

The user.dmp file is actually less than 50 KB, so that should be no problem, especially since I haven't had another app crash since then. I'll upload it to you and send it when I have time.

So long as this topic is alive, would a 'WadAuthor mode' be feasible? That is, an option of some sort that makes DB mimick WadAuthor's interface and functionality, right down to the texture browser and the sector creation.

Ritz said:
So long as this topic is alive, would a 'WadAuthor mode' be feasible? That is, an option of some sort that makes DB mimick WadAuthor's interface and functionality, right down to the texture browser and the sector creation.
I'm working on a complete rewrite at the moment, and one of the things I do plan is to give the user a bit more control over the interface. Most notably, in the selection method: a 'select any type of object' mode is conspicuously absent at the moment, and would be tricky to tack onto DB as it is.

As far as texture browsing goes, I can't see much scope for variation here: it's really just a list, after all. Although I do have vague memories of WadAuthor's texture browser being somewhat broken; this is convenient, since I usually manage to implement that without any special effort. :P

WA-style sector-creation, if I understand you correctly, is possible already in SRB2DB: Ctrl+Right-click. It was there in vanilla DB too, but didn't work if you were in sectors mode (!) and wanted to create a new sector inside an existing one.

Oogaland said:
As far as texture browsing goes, I can't see much scope for variation here: it's really just a list, after all.
I should've been more specific; In WA, if you select a texture name box (In the window that pops up after double-clicking a sector) and enter a few letters, it'll automatically bring up the texture that's the closest match to what you typed (e.g, FL gives you FLAT10, FLO gives you FLOOR0_2, etc.). I find having to use the TAB key to find a texture I haven't commited to memory, especially seeing as it's prone to cause crashes for some reason I can't recall.

Also, WA allows you to set a sector's wall textures all in one go without having to switch to linedef mode to select each individual linedef to do so, something I find especially cumbersome.

Oogaland said:
WA-style sector-creation, if I understand you correctly, is possible already in SRB2DB: Ctrl+Right-click.
This is very useful info.

I seem to be having another problem; I'm having great trouble trying to scroll using the mouse when I'm drawing lines. I'll to the edge of the area while I'm drawing and it will not scroll unless I'm, like, in one single pixel where it will scroll. This only works on some edges, like the top one. My info bar still rests on the left side if you need to know.

Ritz said:
I should've been more specific; In WA, if you select a texture name box (In the window that pops up after double-clicking a sector) and enter a few letters, it'll automatically bring up the texture that's the closest match to what you typed (e.g, FL gives you FLAT10, FLO gives you FLOOR0_2, etc.). I find having to use the TAB key to find a texture I haven't commited to memory, especially seeing as it's prone to cause crashes for some reason I can't recall.

DB already does that. In the Configuration box, go to the Interface tab and it'll have two options: Autocomplete texture names while typing and Autocomplete texture names after typing.

DB only crashes when you try to press Tab while the box contains the name of a non-existent texture.

And from what I heard, that was fixed.

Anyway, bug report or enhancement, your call: The translucency vaule in colormaps for FOFs, which is often J for water, can't edited within the create FOF dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back