Doom Connector (Game Launcher, Server Browser, and Chat Program)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap610

Doom Connector 3 (which was previously shut down) will return on May 23! For those of you who never heard of it, this lobby based program will allow users to create and join games in only seconds. It also supports buddy lists, file transfers, and instant messaging between users. This program does support SRB2 since it is based off of the Legacy engine. So without further adieu, here are some screenshots!

[URL=http://img246.imageshack.us/i/sonicn.jpg/][/URL]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Hope to see you soon!

UPDATE: Grab it here http://www.doomconnector.org/

Last edited:
Yes I have a question, Why? you can just go onto multiplayer and go onto host/join or use the SRB2MSLauncher2.exe

Wow, is it me, or this thing just makes all the master server, #srb2fun (for netgame setting) and the launcher (for netgaming) useless? o_o'

And Light Dasher, you can't set up a server with the SRB2MS launcher alone, only join games in the master server, not group people to play and such.

This does support other games as well, and obviously not everybody will want to use it. But it does offer a great way to actually find people to setup games with, along with making new friends.

Zap610 said:
This does support other games as well, and obviously not everybody will want to use it. But it does offer a great way to actually find people to setup games with, along with making new friends.
Make new friends, im there *shot for having no friends*

Pfft, SteamRB2 will be better.

You'll see, just wait until the new site + SRB2Live Release Build 1 are out. =P

This thread is now about Doom Connector.

Unfortunately the server did crash, so nobody will be able to connect to it for about 4 hours from this post. It would not normally take this long, but the admin is at work and the server is at home. I apologise for the inconvenience and will post as soon as it's online.

I just tried to play SRB2 on that, but the server didn't seem to forward their ports. We need more people to host on that thing...

This may come as a shock to some of you, but this thread is actually about Doom Connector... I would never try to steal the spotlight (like Cue is attempting to do here) in your threads, so I ask you not do it in mine.

I have a license for stealing spot lights actually, my cupboard is full of them.

Thanks for link! This connector is cool, but people need to use 1.09.4, not 1.09.4a. 1094a works buggy there. It's cool because connector don't use srb2 master server, so if master server is down - Doom Connector 3 is your friend!

Hetor said:
Thanks for link! This connector is cool, but people need to use 1.09.4, not 1.09.4a. 1094a works buggy there. It's cool because connector don't use srb2 master server, so if master server is down - Doom Connector 3 is your friend!
I agree with the 1.09.4a been buggy as me and Hetor had major trouble hosting with it when the master server was down and when it was up so only use this with the 1.09.4 and not 1.09.4a

I guess I'm no longer stupid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back