[Open Assets] Nerfthok.lua; because Sonic's getting tired of spamming it.

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Some simple script that... nerfes the thok... That... seems pretty logic considering the name I gave it... right?
It's easy to understand how it works:

Everytime you thok, you will lose 5 actionspd (Unless it is already below the normalspeed, which is approximatively half of Sonic's thok.).
You will retrieve your original actionspd if you succeed to not rape your jump button for the next 5 seconds, because if you thok again, the timer will be reseted!

FrighteningOldfashionedHalicore.gif

Attachments

• nerfthok.lua
    1.4 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about the timer taking five whole seconds to restore your mad thokking prowess, since in a pinch a well-executed thok can save you from falling into a bottomless pit/move you out of the way of crushers, and being punished for thokking a little bit earlier is kind of annoying. A lot can actually happen during five seconds in this game...

Maybe if your mad thokking prowess slowly regenerates back up to it's default actionspd whenever it's not being spammed to death instead of resetting after a timer? Something similar to Jasper's stars where using it once wisely would barely punish you compared to actually spamming it over and over again. Then again, I guess a smart player would get used to when it would be okay to thok again to avoid being penalized and abuse it that way... hm.

also good on you for fighting the man

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about the timer taking five whole seconds to restore your mad thokking prowess, since in a pinch a well-executed thok can save you from falling into a bottomless pit/move you out of the way of crushers, and being punished for thokking a little bit earlier is kind of annoying. A lot can actually happen during five seconds in this game...

I believe that's the point of this existing in the first place. If you don't abuse your thok, you can use it when you really really need it.

Maybe if your mad thokking prowess slowly regenerates back up to it's default actionspd whenever it's not being spammed to death instead of resetting after a timer? Something similar to Jasper's stars where using it once wisely would barely punish you compared to actually spamming it over and over again. Then again, I guess a smart player would get used to when it would be okay to thok again to avoid being penalized and abuse it that way... hm.

also good on you for fighting the man

I had a version with the thok regenerating slowly over time, sadly it ended up being quite hard knowing when the thok was fully charged again without letting a dummy HUD that nobody would like to see on the screen, also the thok ended up being extremely long to regenerate when it was at the minimal value, but I guess it's the point. I can always try to put that back up.

I was hoping to continue jump dashing over and over again and proceed to jump dash negatively until the fabric of space and time eventually tore apart (I could probably edit it to do that) But you put a limit, so that made me sad, haha. Anyway, this seems like a fun way to troll a network game full of Sonic players, given I main Knuckles.

I had a version with the thok regenerating slowly over time, sadly it ended up being quite hard knowing when the thok was fully charged again without letting a dummy HUD that nobody would like to see on the screen, also the thok ended up being extremely long to regenerate when it was at the minimal value, but I guess it's the point. I can always try to put that back up.

Could you not have a little "flash" effect given by the character, and have a subtle sound play whenever the player's full Thok power regenerates? (Think Terraria's Mana regeneration) That way, there's no ugly HUD elements, yet the point still gets across to the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back