[Open Assets] The -leveling up- Buff Gauge!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
So, here's finally the -hopefully- final version of Buffgauge that now features a level up system!

What was updated?
-The gauge now level up, instead of having to collect the maximum amount of Rings
-The buffes and the number of Ring required are now made out of Strings.
-Rebalanced the gauge again
-Every player can now have 2 buffes at once.

How can I level up, exactly?
You will be able to level up by collecting the number of Rings indicated next to the amount of Rings, but if you lose your Rings, every existing buff will get away!

What does level up-ing do?
It raises some stats of your character, you start with a minor buff in a stat, and get more buff by continuing to level up.

Does it support custom characters?
Yup, since this update, it does support all known characters, tough, some characters with Lua parts attached can eventually glitch the buffes. It also supports character without abilities at all by giving them Tails's buff which is a generic one.

What about Super Characters?
They are also supported, but they do not have special abilities depending of their skin or whatever, they all share the same. For the sake of spoiler, I will let you guess which buff it gives you...

Can I use it or/and edit it?
Of course you can! For helping editing, each Lua lump has its function:
LUA_BHUD is actually the part of the script used for drawing the gauge and the buffes.
LUA_LVL1 to LUA_LVL3 are the part of the script used for giving the player buffes for leveling up.
LUA_NUKE is the part of the script used for Super characters ability.

Any screenshot?
Yup, look down there. Tough, they are from the first version of this buffgauge which was unbalanced and it also made characters like Sonic uncontrolable.

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 2,152
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,634
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,439
  • BuffGauge1.7.rar
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
Sorry for double post, it is just for tell that I changed dramaticaly the script, it now works with EVERY character with buffes for abilities, if you guys tested the old version, better retest it to be sure that I didn't make something wrong.

Sorry about leaving this in submissions for a few days, I've been out of the house.

Anyway, this is pretty interesting as it gives the player more of an incentive to go out of their way to collect more than just one ring when playing as Tails or Knuckles. and the presentation is quite nice too. Welcome to releases.

I like it! Good job FC.
The gauge also changes color, and that's a nice touch!

Never... NEVER call me FC again... I PMed Mystic to remove it but he never awnsered :<
Anyways thanks, It will maybe support all the colors in a later version, also, since I should be able to give more overpowered abilities for Super players, What do you guys suggest?

Characters with no defined ability (simply none) get no sort of boosts whatsoever. This makes certain special characters that have their abilities completely made up of Lua get no boosts as well.

jasperispartofthatgroupfixitpls

Actually I do not see how I could buff a character that doesn't have abilities...

You could give a generic buff, like give the character a slight boost in jumping, acceleration, and actionspeed.

You could give a generic buff, like give the character a slight boost in jumping, acceleration, and actionspeed.

No abilities = no actions = no actionspeed.
Anyways this would be the same ability as Tails? (Jump + Accel +)

This seems to be a good Lua script, make things more better, for me

This is just my first Lua script, I wanted to experiment it as much as possible...

A general buff for all stats would work. I was going to suggest a buff in spindash charging speed as the spindash would be used a lot more on a character who has no ability whatsoever. However, I also realized those characters could decidedly lose the ability to spin altogether (Rosy) making it useless for those kinds of characters.

A general buff for all stats would work. I was going to suggest a buff in spindash charging speed as the spindash would be used a lot more on a character who has no ability whatsoever. However, I also realized those characters could decidedly lose the ability to spin altogether (Rosy) making it useless for those kinds of characters.

So we should stay on a generic jump+ and accel+?

I think that would work perfectly fine, since jumping is the only other action that those characters can use if they don't have the ability to spin. Lua abilities sadly can't be changed around for every single character with one, as they all use their own internal variables and I don't think there's a way to see if a character does have a Lua coded ability anyway.

I notice that the bar is separated into 3 sections, yet you only get a buff once all three are filled... Perhaps you could implement an incremental boosting system? Here's an example:

Sonic Style:

1st level, 30 rings:
Minor Speed boost

2nd level, 60 rings:
Average Speed boost
Minor Accel boost

3rd level, 90 rings:
High Speed boost
Average Accel boost
Low Jump boost

Ring amounts could be changed for balance and things, but I think it would be a neat idea.

I notice that the bar is separated into 3 sections, yet you only get a buff once all three are filled... Perhaps you could implement an incremental boosting system? Here's an example:

Sonic Style:

1st level, 30 rings:
Minor Speed boost

2nd level, 60 rings:
Average Speed boost
Minor Accel boost

3rd level, 90 rings:
High Speed boost
Average Accel boost
Low Jump boost

Ring amounts could be changed for balance and things, but I think it would be a neat idea.

Even if your idea's pretty neat, I prefer the gauge how it is now, since it FORCES you to get 30 Rings to get the max upgrade, also, 90 Rings + High Speed boost is silly, I mean, you will lose your rings way too fast.

Idea!!!!

Do you think you can add the Sonic Heroes symbols for Speed, Fly, and Power characters?

Attachments

• SPEED.png
    SPEED.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 4,505
  • FLY.png
    FLY.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 4,531
  • POWER.png
    POWER.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 4,594
Last edited:
For god's sake, when will people learn to share their images correctly? You don't have to use dropbox for any picture except pictures that go over the size limit on other websites (well, that's what I normally do anyway). Use imgur for images that don't go over the size limit.

Anyways, this gauge should stay as it is, I don't want it to turn in a boost gauge or something like that :/
Also, I do not see what I could do with SH symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back