Favourite Metroid Game & Favourite Megaman Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Metroid is the pinnacle of the 2D Metroid experience. It was the one to install the map, has the most moves, has HIDDEN SECRET SKILLS only dedicated experimenters (and lazy GFAQSers) could figure out, and you fight Ridley TWICE!
Even though Super Metroid may have been the most significant technological leap for the 2D Metroid series, all of Super Metroid's changes were retained and expanded upon in future Metroid games, so Fusion and Zero Mission actually have nicer handling for the game engine.

I'll agree with MMZ 1 to some extent, but Megaman Zero 3? Difficulty? No such thing. Well... not as difficult as most people make it out to be. Though Blazin' Flizard's stage was a pain in the ass whether it be a normal or a speed run.

Not once you beat Thunder body chip. :P
However, the platforming on the part where the boxes dropped into the lava was pretty hard and costed me a few lives.

And I agree that Zero 3 is a tad bit too easy.

To each their own I guess. Although if you ask me, all of the classic Mega Man games have some shining qualities of their own. Except 4. I fucking hate 4.

Oh 4 wasn't that baaaad. Stages were pretty neat and contained their unique difficulty, especially Bright Man's stage. Now certain bosses on the other hand... COUGHTOADMANCOUGH

Oh 4 wasn't that baaaad. Stages were pretty neat and contained their unique difficulty, especially Bright Man's stage.

Frankly, I found the stages to be the most erroneous out of all the games. I would get past Dive Man's moving mines section and be at the top of a jump only to find that the mines reset their locations to the top part of the stage once I reach the end of the section.... and after the transition I'm forced to die due to poor design.

Bright Man's grass hopper section was particularly annoying, because I would destroy the totem pole thing, only for my grass hopper would move backward and forward again, allowing the totem to respawn, because I moved offscreen of its spawn position.

The first Cossack Stage is pretty much when I decided to throw in the towel, because it wouldn't give me a god damned checkpoint right next to the boss I was trying to figure out. That isn't difficulty, that's just wasting my time because the designer decided to be a big penis.

Now certain bosses on the other hand... COUGHTOADMANCOUGH
Good god, don't even get me started. Poor AI, and yet unreasonably damaging if you run into a robot master (25% health? Jesus!) How they managed to make bosses that were unfairly cheap and stupidly easy is beyond me.

Also the music has washy percussion, haphazard progression and is sometimes bland. So this game has nothing for me.

Understandable man...

But come on... you can't say Dust Man's theme may be categorized as "bland" or "washy" now right? I'm not just saying this because I think the song has a nice beat, but how it affects the atmosphere of the stage in a dark futuristic fashion.

Metroid: Never played enough, sorry. D:

Megaman: Megaman 2! It's my favourite, the only one I actually got to Wily in. >.< I fail at them I know.

Metroid:
So far Super Metroid, since I recently bought Metroid Prime and my opinion may change when the game actually arrives and I have the chance to play it. AND I HOPE IT'S THE 1.0 VERSION. I just love ludicrous sequence breaks =P
Also, first time I buy a non-pirated game since Merio Party 3 about 7 years ago.

Mega Man:
Classic: 6
X: 6. Yeah, you may think that I'm weird for liking the one that's full of ridiculously unfair death traps, but this game holds an special place on my heart for being the first Mega Man game I've ever played.
Zero: 3, of course.
BN: 6, falzar jap version. Stupid Capcom of America hates the Django sidequests apparently. =(
Legends: 2, since it's the only one I actually played =P
ZX: ...Nothing. I only played the first one a little bit on a emulator then decided it's not worth playing the game unless it's on the real hardware.
SF: Never bothered with that series.

EDIT: HOLY COW Am I seriously still using that avatar? o.o

Last edited:
But come on... you can't say Dust Man's theme may be categorized as "bland" or "washy" now right? I'm not just saying this because I think the song has a nice beat, but how it affects the atmosphere of the stage in a dark futuristic fashion.
Dust Man's is one of the few in the game where the percussion works with the song.

Metroid: Prime 1 was by far the best. Prime 3 was probably second best.
The only Metroid game I have never played is Fusion. I'm going to play it soon.

Megaman: Never even tried a Megaman game. Kind of sad, I know.

Metroid:
So far Super Metroid, since I recently bought Metroid Prime and my opinion may change when the game actually arrives and I have the chance to play it. AND I HOPE IT'S THE 1.0 VERSION. I just love ludicrous sequence breaks =P
Look here:
version_differences_version_number.png

See this?
version_differences_version_number-na-0-00.png

Yes: You have v1.0
No: DOL-GM8E-0-0X = v1.X

Mega Man:
Classic: 6 Welcome to the club, brother.
X: 6. Yeah, you may think that I'm weird for liking the one that's full of ridiculously unfair death traps, but this game holds an special place on my heart for being the first Mega Man game I've ever played. I didn't find them unfair, just a step up in difficulty. For an extreme challenge, try to 100% the game as ZERO ONLY.
Zero: 3, of course.
BN: 6, falzar jap version. Stupid Capcom of America hates the Django sidequests apparently. =( Indeed they do, so far as to eliminate all Django's sprites from the PA in 6.
Legends: 2, since it's the only one I actually played =P I've played 1 to the point of map memorization, try it out.
ZX: ...Nothing. I only played the first one a little bit on a emulator then decided it's not worth playing the game unless it's on the real hardware. You best Amazon that stuff right now. ZX is awesome and ZX:A lets you play AS the bosses.
SF: Never bothered with that series.

EDIT: HOLY COW Am I seriously still using that avatar? o.o Yes, yes you are.

GTFO or play a classic game NOW.

Summary of later ones:
X4= Awesome.
X5= Good.
X6= Horrendous.
X7= Terrible.
X8= Okay.

X6 isn't THAT bad.

X7: Axl is a mysterious Reploid with the ability to perfectly transform into similarly-structured enemies he defeats with his Copy Shot. The game is one huge custody battle over him. Now nobody here needs to play X7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back