XSRB2 - Something new soon? (old version is vX.01.6a - xsrb2_01_6.zip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the screen shots look great, but the level design has nothing to do with valentines day... though I dun think it was made for that.

Silver Sonic said:
Judging by the screenshots it's awesome I will try it out soon.

Sonict said:
Zelda! AKA "Shuffle's old TML"
I liked that mod but I think integrating it would just screw things up...

How would it screw up anything? It isn't that hard to make a new gamemode and not screw up the others. How do you think SRB2 Golf mode got created? It doesn't screw up any other gameplay mode.

While it's nice to think about, if anything, it's going to be a backburner thing. I don't exactly have all the time in the world to work on the stuff I wanted to work on in the first place now anyway, what with work and other projects.

No problem. I can wait. As it is, I still got to wait at least a month and bit for something that I ordered back in October 2008. :)

How come it only has original levels and the golf and daybreak dash 1 and 2 but it does not have any of the other levels?

Updated to X.01.6. This is mainly a bug-fix release, getting rid of a lot of things I somehow missed. But there are a couple new things lying about.

Also, this will be the last 1.09.4 based release. I'm putting more effort in switching over to using the ME code base, so...

Download - Music

lol, I lied, etc.

I needed to fix a stupid exploit, and I decided to make a tiny change to the way CV_CALL is handled (case sensitively, so, for instance, you can change the case in your name without changing to "TEST" or whatnot first).

Same link as before.

!!!!

Oh my god! I found a bug! If you use a special stage, for instance, find 1 token in the 1st stage act 1.
Clear the level.
Play the special stage.
You'll end up in the boss stage! Please fix that bug!

Re: !!!!

Retro SS said:
Oh my god! I found a bug! If you use a special stage, for instance, find 1 token in the 1st stage act 1.
Clear the level.
Play the special stage.
You'll end up in the boss stage! Please fix that bug!
That's not a bug, there's no act II. >>;

...yet.

Wait until after ME comes out, then more levels will start to appear.

Also, Ka-- er, Kitsune; your computer is whacked, I swear.

xsrb0153.png

[spoiler:273eb47516="Length"]
Code:
[04:25] <@Inuyasha> [url]http://xsrb2.cstrfan.info/images/xsrb0153.png[/url]
[04:25] <Someone> I approve of XSRB2
[04:25] <@Inuyasha> My five continuous hours coding this damned boss is starting to pay off.
[04:26] <Blade> what does it do?
[04:26] * Delano (babel@41.174.11.131) has joined #Srb2fun
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:00] <@Inuyasha> it stays high up in the air all the time
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:00] <@Inuyasha> after it does any of its attacks
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:00] <@Inuyasha> the grid under it starts lighting up
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:00] <@Inuyasha> yellow flashing stuff == damage, etc
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> red flashing stuff means there's a monitor dropping in from above in that spot
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> usually an eggman monitor
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> but occasionally, it can be a super ring monitor
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> or a whirlwind shield
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> rarely, invincibility will show up
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> or rarest of all, a 1up
[04:26] <@Inuyasha> [04:01] <@Inuyasha> ^_^
[04:26] <Blade> spawn moniters?
[04:27] <Someone> Heh, 1up crusher.
[04:27] * @Tets (Tets@adsl-99-18-91-160.dsl.lgtpmi.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
[04:27] <@Inuyasha> also, some of the grid spaces will start flashing red-green-blue-etc
[04:27] <@Inuyasha> those bounce you up so you can hit the boss
[04:27] <Blade> how do you hit it---oh
[04:27] <@Inuyasha> which is what you would expect from FFZ =P
[04:27] <Blade> Like in your contest level :P
[04:28] <@Inuyasha> yep
[04:28] <@Inuyasha> exactly.
[/spoiler:273eb47516]
I feel like an awesome boss coder right now.

Yes, people, this is getting ported over to ME's codebase. And I'm tossing more stuff in it while I'm at it that I'm sure you'd love. Have fun.

...I REALLY need to learn how to make bosses like that. I am so getting this when it comes out.

Now, seriously, you don't think I checked that? =P

Everyone can outrun it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back