Knockout The Echidna Character WAD -KO.T.E.wad- UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good sprites, ... strange ability. I just don't like the back sprites. They just... don't look right. =/ Anyway, the 3 rings to thok is just not right. My idea would be to let you shield for the whole jump and have it not cost 3 rings. If you want it to cost, make it 1 ring. Also, fix the soc so that it doesn't eliminate your force shield. That is quite annoying.
3/5

EDIT: And yes, fix the talking. It should be HEY! Cut that out!, not Hey. Cut that out.

Knockout's vocal effects are weird... o.o When he gets killed sometimes he's like, "MEDIC!!!" and when he kills someone in Match, he goes "Oh. Hey. I killed you. ... Yay."

I loved your KO.T.E.wad but,why there on Thok,must have a Shield?

I know then was hard make these good draw.Only to you guys know,i draw better in Paper then Computer.

You must have absolutely no idea what a tasmanian devil looks like, Virt.

I'm with the whiners about your ability. Take away the ring drain, at the very least.

The biggest thing about the design is that you can't please everyone with a design. Honestly, if it's an echinda it's SUPPOSED to look like knuckles, otherwise people will be complaining about THAT. I think the design is fine, I'd say extend the shield rather than get rid of it, or make it so it's similar to the old shadow chaos control and you had different button combos to use it rather than it ALWAYS draining 3 rings.

You must have absolutely no idea what a tasmanian devil looks like, Virt.
I mean the Archie Comics Tazmanian Devil. In one issue of Sonic Universe (or maybe 2), there's a purple Tazmanian Devil and his spines are JUST LIKE Knockout's.

Man, your wad's cool! I enjoyed it so much. But I still have problems with mine. I wanna put Winky by my side, but I don't know how to make it!

Funny, I had it down to 2 MB, and then I fix'd a crash and it made the size bigger. o.o'
Anyways, thanks.

Hmm, I like this new Ko.T.E alot better than the old one. While the new stats are debatable. The new voices are a plus!
Though you may want to use a less cliche taunt. Use one that is more, SRB2-ish, like instead of "You couldn't hit the broadside of a barn!" use one that reflects Srb2 like " You couldn't (even) hit the broadside of EggRock!" Weird sounding yes, but it reflects SRB2 which makes it a bit funny and unique.

Anyway, you did a top-notch job!

Last edited:
This is a perfect fancharacter, I love how he talks if he gets a kill online, gets hit by something and when he dies. But one thing: His ability in 2.0.6 doesn't work anymore and if you have a shield, once you use his ability, it disappears. Suggestion: Disable his ability if he already has a shield.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Oh wait, nevermind. redownloaded and everything's fine.

the spinning sprites and jumping sprites are taken from sonicce.wad and i love sonicce.wad! put him into superform with supermonitor and he goes white and red!!!!! cool wad!!!

I've got a request. Could you make an official version of this wad WITHOUT the custom ability, for people who want to play Co-op or SP or something?

Gosh, you must have worked on this. He even has Knuckles' 'Drill claw' from SA2B! Its a shame you cant use drill drive in SRB2. Awesome wad 5/5.

Update!

KO.T.E has been updated!

After being mocked at about how worthless his thok reflect was KO went to a near-by pawnshop to find a way to make it better, and came out with a new pair of Socs that give his thok a boost! Only thing is, it will only be helpful if used before the peak of his jump. He also learned how to reflect via spindashing, making fast getaways safer!

Along with soc updates, I fixed tons of sprite errors. (colors not changing, and some other things)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back