Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I would have preferred an iOS peripheral, publish the games up on the App Store, and be done with it.
The thing is, if they went the peripheral route you'd already be dealing with a second thing you're carrying around everywhere. I already carry my phone and 3DS everywhere, and phone gaming has clearly hit the point where I'm not going to be the target audience for anything on it for the foreseeable future, so I'm not going to get into a position where I can replace the 3DS with my phone. What's the difference between carrying around a second device or carrying around a bulky peripheral for your phone?

One of the biggest problems that Nintendo has had in the past is cooperation with third-party developers. Now, just look look LOOK!

CvN2pUIWIAAcxQ_thumb.jpg

I honestly don't see why people are saying it isn't much; it definitely seems to be saying that Nintendo is supporting third-party game development more than they did before. (why is autodesk on there, i thought they were just for 3D modeling)

Another reason is the sleek design. It's such a huge departure from the consoles we have now, so it seems like a new experience. It seems to take a little bit of the OUYA's design. please don't kill me for mentioning the console, i honestly like the thing

wall of text

I second that. All of it.

One of the biggest problems that Nintendo has had in the past is cooperation with third-party developers. Now, just look look LOOK!
The WiiU had lots of 3rd party developer support before release, too.

Or at least, it did until its highest-selling 3rd party title, ZombiiU, failed to make back production costs.

Actual 3rd party support isn't something you can predict until the system has already been out for a while. Pinkie Promises ahead of launch mean little - 3rd parties will develop for whatever platform they can make a profit off of, simple as that.

Last edited:
This looks cool, I bet it will take the smart guys awhile to emulate this one.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

CvN2pUIWIAAcxQ_thumb.jpg

I honestly don't see why people are saying it isn't much; it definitely seems to be saying that Nintendo is supporting third-party game development more than they did before. (why is autodesk on there, i thought they were just for 3D modeling)

Another reason is the sleek design. It's such a huge departure from the consoles we have now, so it seems like a new experience. It seems to take a little bit of the OUYA's design. please don't kill me for mentioning the console, i honestly like the thing

I second that. All of it.

Maya for NX, seems legit...

Konami and Capcom, reminds me of when they made games for the NES. Too bad the NX may use a PowerPC CPU.

Last edited:
Well, Maya is industry standard... I don't see why they wouldn't support a major console.

Also these devs lists are more like devs are willing to support it rather than actively supporting it. So don't count on it. I'd love to see FromSoft make a worthwhile exclusive for the thing, though!

I think the system has potential. I already use a PS Vita/PS TV to switch back and forth from mobile to console gaming and it just works, compatibility issues specific to the device aside. It's a great idea, moreso this time because it's a seamless transition. Bringing together the handheld/console space into one at least assures a library with the sort of breadth as the 3DS and plenty of Japanese support, moreso if there is no handheld Playstation to compete. Nintendo won't have to juggle resources and neglect one system for the other anymore.

Now we just need to know about the games. The system itself is promising, and I can give the potential technical prowess (or lack off) being on par with Wii U a pass since it's a handheld too. It's easier to put up with because that level of graphics still looks good, too.

Last edited:
And so the hype begins again

Zelda is Launch
2 Joy Con Colors
Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
New Shin Megami Tensei
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Skyrim
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
NBA2K18
1 2 Switch
Super Bomberman R
Minecraft
Sonic Mania
Project Sonic 2017
And many more

I like the idea of a handheld/console hybrid, but the pay-to-play online is bullshit. Especially considering that the Wii U's service is far inferior to PSN and XBL and all of them can't even hold a candle to PC. The local co-op better be worth it (that's how my Wii U's time was mostly spent).

Consider me lukewarm at this point.

The reason for the pay to play online is exactly the same reason why the Wii U's online service was crap. If they want to make better servers they need money

The reason for the pay to play online is exactly the same reason why the Wii U's online service was crap. If they want to make better servers they need money
Wrong, and their servers are not their service.

I'm more excited for Super Bomberman R and Splatoon 2 (or Spla2n)! Don't get mw wrong, Super Mario Odyssey looks like it's going to be a blast, I want to take the time to get my bearings with the Switch before I get to the nitty-gritty. I've been playing Splatoon for over a year now, so I'll be REALLY excited for what Splatoon 2 has to offer. I just hope it'll have more content at launch than Splatoon 1 did.

I'm really excited for ARMS myself; the fact Nintendo is still going out of their way to create new IPs despite the potential risks makes me quite happy, especially seeing how unique and expressive the character designs for this one are! There's also a lot of depth in the whole rock-paper-scissors systems with grabs, blocks, and punches, and in all the trailers and gameplay footage you can tell there's a lot of focus on movement (landing after a jump makes your punches stronger as well as blocking). The best part is that it can also be played with a traditional controller... uuu... I'm really excited for this...

I've paid more for consoles before the Switch, so the price itself doesn't concern me a whole lot. All I really want to see is what Nintendo does with all of this potential they've set up for themselves in the future, especially concerning their game lineup. Especially with the whole portable aspect of the Switch, it'll be neat to be able to play all of these console-quality games on the go as well as being able to use both Joy-Cons to play with others.

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel even more excited for Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Minecraft (I guess.) Sonic Mania, Project Sonic 2017 and Breath Of The Wild. Maybe because they're the only trailers I watched and I ignored and didn't care about the rest, I should watch them.

And i thought there was gonna be a remastered Mario Land like Sonic Mania but nope!

Whilst the idea behind the main gimmick sounds cool, I'm still in the Yes and No column alongside a few others in this thread. I want to see more of it's potential in terms of other software features if it's going to peak more of my interest, especially for the price it will be given. I think I will keep watch on this one for the time being. I certainly hope that the undocked hardware is going to be capable of running games portably without guzzling the battery life after a few hours. That's my biggest concern with this product at the moment. Though being powerful I'm not surprised if this is to be expected.

The nintendo switch is horrible, I found a video online with a compilation of all the flaws with it, such as: If you put the controllers back in the wrong way they get stuck there. Heres the link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

All consoles have defects though, don't be judging those 100 or so people who got a bad console out of the 2 million that shipped at launch. That's a very small number and the joy con issue with the grip is completely the user's fault and Nintendo showed how to get it off with much of an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back