UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay after examining this video
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7jXCfTPnp8I
I can conclude at 1:30 that his upper body does not twitch at all. However, his spines do move. That may be something I need to look into, however it will be quite hard to accomplish in a nice looking manner, as I would need to rig his spines with bones like the rest of him. Adding new bones would mean completely re-doing the animations all over again.

EDIT:
This video actually shows more running and less spinning.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MsY8r4GNtGU

SADX actually has about 3 stages of running. Walking, running, and full speed running. I opted to animate his full speed running.

I decided this because I have only four frames to animate it in, and the bobbing motion is hard to do without at least twice that. It would essentially be only two different heights ( full stride and half stride, low point and high point), and be a constant strobe between the two if I tried to do it in four frames. I decided that it would not look very good.

sonic260 said:
Senku Niola said:
It's a Heroes Sonic.
Really I don't see the simlarity between the model Sonic and the Heroes Sonic. Just The Model and Gmod Sonics

The Gmod Sonic was ripped from Heroes and reskined or something. This one came from Gmod so it was Heroes' in the first place.

I did put a lot of work into the texture and animations, even if I didn't make the mesh. I would like some credit.

I've rigged up his spines and toes, and I should eventually be releasing an update with animated spines and toes.

Uh I dont know which side I should be on, the people that said that guy ripped the model from SH, or on this dude side, well it does look like its too good to be true, and who am i kidding? This model looks tight! uhh Never mind!!!

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Uh I dont know which side I should be on, the people that said that guy ripped the model from SH, or on this dude side, well it does look like its too good to be true, and who am i kidding? This model looks tight! uhh Never mind!!!

Ashnal said:
Oh I almost forgot, I would like to credit the original author of the meshes. I only UV mapped, textured, and animated these. The original meshes were made by an unknown author for Gmod.

Ummm yeah I already said I didn't make the mesh, so in all probability it probably is a rip. I've never played heroes so I never noticed the similarity.

Shadow Hog said:
Yes, it IS a Heroes model. A horrifically overused one at that, but it at least looks nice here, so no problem.
oh well in that case, awesome job, you should make a model for the next sonic game!

sonic260 said:
*pics*
Still think they look alike? Taking a 3rd look at it, It's now starting to look like the SSBB Sonic

Or a Heroes model with an SSBB texture style. :P

Redwolf said:
I love how it looks apart from the running Animation, shouldn't Sonic move Simutanious to his Legs?

Describe what you mean by "simultaneous to his Legs" please. Do you mean like the walking animation? Then refer to my post about it on the second page please.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Or a Heroes model with an SSBB texture style. :P
All I really did was try to match his color to the sprite, which happens to be in similar color to SSBB.

I know SA fullspeed run was like that, but in SA, it had lots of frames. With SRB2's frames (4 max, I think, I've not tried myself) it looks robotic. If you use the second to top speed (which is my previous post), it'd look a little more realistic.

zck2020 said:
Uh, have you been reading the threads? This model was ripped from Sonic heroes, not custom made.
I have read the other post. but it still good.
But I found a bug, Super Sonic is just Sonic but floating.
But I do think the running frames could be better...
Does Sonic Heroes' Sonic have runing frames like this one's?

JetTheHawk said:
I know SA fullspeed run was like that, but in SA, it had lots of frames. With SRB2's frames (4 max, I think, I've not tried myself) it looks robotic. If you use the second to top speed (which is my previous post), it'd look a little more realistic.

If I tried to make his mid running speed in 4 frames it would look absolutely horrible due to the bobbing only getting 2 frames. I would need about 16 frames total (8 for each stride and bob) to make the mid running speed look good. It might look decent with 8.

I only have 4, so this is what you get:
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spinesoh3.gif

And yeah, the super sonic thing is an issue. I have no wad making experience, so it will be a while before I come up with something like the wizard6.wad to make him change color. As for the animation for super sonic himself, I've just added fanned out spines. They don't curve out quite yet. That would actually require much more rigging. Changing him yellow is practically impossible unless someone wants to make me a wad to go along with him.

Ashnal said:
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spinesoh3.gif

That's it! It's perfect.

BTW, you said once you edited/made this model in Blender. Blender you are speaking of is this program: http://www.blender.org ?

I ask because I'm learning Blender... I'm just curious. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back