Suggestions

Let me fix that problem, with an alternative solution

* Add some GetWAD support.
* Seriously, being able to download from the message board for example while ingame would be a blessing.

A Modified version of Doomseeker Would be more helpful Since it's Open-source, so that players can also upload their PWADs to other Wad Archives such as Dogsoft and let Doomseeker look for the wad, download it and automatically redirect you to the Server with the WADs loaded , It would really be helpful .

I would like to see more advanced sprite-handling effects capable in Lua, like:
  • Splitting the sprite into a grid/array and handling those pieces individually
  • Rotation of a sprite or rotation of a piece of a split sprite
  • Scaling a sprite or piece along either the X axis or Y axis individually
  • Colormapping a specific sprite or piece, including making it greyscale, bluescale, etc.
  • Allowing a piece of a sprite to be handled the same way from ALL angles
  • Translating/moving a sprite or pieces individually
This would also make it possible for a "dissolve" effect of you kill an opponent/enemy.

In order:
  • Nope. This is just... nope. I'm not even gonna get into this, it'll be obvious with my response to the next one.
  • The DooM Graphic Format is optimised to be easy to draw on walls, as explicitly vertical columns of pixels. This makes them take up a lot less game memory than flats, which can be viewed from any angle ('cause they're just headerless bitmaps). This is also why slopes are made from flats and not from textures. The downside of this optimisation is that it means anything other than drawing a sprite flipped horizontally, vertically or both absolutely destroys everything you ever know and love (ie, your computer's RAM) and makes the software renderer even more intensive on the ol' Cee Pee Uuu. So for many reasons... sorry, but nope.
  • Fun fact: This exists in the code already! It's about as simple as exposing it to the mobj struct. Unfortunately, this is a task I have no idea how to do, so I have no idea whether it'll get done. I really hope it does, though.
  • ^
  • NAMEA0???????? I don't get what you're asking for here
  • Piece offset at runtime? See above. Sprite offset at runtime... hm. Probably feasible but is it actually worth it without being able to implement the rest of everything else you're trying to do? Proooobably not. Just make a new mobj, make the old one invisible, and then shift around the position of it to match where you want the sprite to go without actually moving the mobj you collide with.

Sea Egg Suggestion

I just noticed that the sea egg clones just vanish when you beat Robotnic. Its easy to miss. but kinda jarring if they are in your line of sight when you land the killing blow. It would be nice if they had a proper Explosion effect to cover up the disappearance.

when forcing a character for a secret in the main game, please make it so that it doesn't affect modded games that use a custom level header.

when forcing a character for a secret in the main game, please make it so that it doesn't affect modded games that use a custom level header.

Can't you just put "ForceCharacter = null" (or whatever the name equivalent of -1 is) in your own level header to override the game's default setting?

Last edited:
I should point out that since 2.1's release, a level header completely resets itself to the default settings when you try to edit something for it. This includes ForceCharacter's value too, which defaults to allowing all characters (I don't know what the exact value for that is, but it shouldn't be important anyway).

How about :
* Editor Things "Object enters sector" , "Object Hits floor" and "Object Hits ceiling" (Similar to the ones used in ZDoom) .
* Linedef effect "Walkable middle texture" To make it easier to create Bridges, Fences .. etc with simply some middle textures .

Last edited:
Oh another thing i'd like to add, How about a new Game modes?

I had some ideas in mind such as
- 3 Flag capture - similar to this wad ---> http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39680
- Emerald Hunt(?)
- Trouble in Terrorist town - similar to this wad -->http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40738

Thanks

Tbh, we're already getting thokker in 2.2, and why adding more gametypes considering the only played ones are Co-op, Match and CTF...?
We barely even see Tag or Race anymore... and Hide and Seek... I forgot it existed, and same goes for these wads; nobody really hosts with them. ...Which is kinda sad if you ask me. :/

Emerald Hunt already Exists as a form of Co-Op mode based on Knuckles' stages from Sonic Adventure.

also I didn't know the maincfg thing reset Forcecharacter now. that's awesome!

It would be interesting if they did add it in 2.2 and i do agree the Three major gamemodes are Match,CTF and Co-op. I do see an occasional Tag server but its rare.

ALSO-- What is this Thonkker you speak of?

Thokker is a custom gametype that was invented in the madness of software slopes being a thing earlier this year. It's basically tumbleweed soccer, with sloped maps. We customize the tumbleweed to appear different in each map though, so it's really just a soccer ball and such.

"Thonkker", on the other hand, is a typo of "Thokker" you somehow generated yourself in making your post. It is not a gametype at all whatsoever.

For that matter, nobody said Thokker was being part of 2.2. It's just that a number of people on 'fun really liked the gametype enough to want it in the next version, that's all.

Thokker is a custom gametype that was invented in the madness of software slopes being a thing earlier this year. It's basically tumbleweed soccer, with sloped maps. We customize the tumbleweed to appear different in each map though, so it's really just a soccer ball and such.

Oh wow, pretty neat

Another feature that would really make Co-op games much comfier is the ability to set How many players should Reach the exit to Finish the level instead of just 1 or ALL

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I Certainly liked the idea of that Gametype, being able to carry balls .. etc, Really sounds fun .

Give intermission timer a console command, and possibly shorten the default time back to 15 seconds. I can understand its usefulness in PvP, but in Coop it's just annoying.

Give intermission timer a console command, and possibly shorten the default time back to 15 seconds. I can understand its usefulness in PvP, but in Coop it's just annoying.

"inttime" exists. =P

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back