• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sans Gaster Blast 2 (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTG246

aka Shaunt
Let's be honest, this was going to happen eventually.
And I might as well finish what I started.

I don't know how to begin a thread, so I guess I'll just begin with this: If you're in the SRB2 Community Discord, you may have seen a Sans wad which is basically a sprite rip of Sans' overworld sprites(If you've seen any Sans wad at all, one by me, and one by someone else), I've been working on sprites for him since the beginning of the year. I don't have too much done.
attachment.php

Mainly because I kept restarting because they're either too small, not good enough, or the angles were just weird.

Welp, time for some gifs I suppose.
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is just what I have for now, I'll show updates for him whenever I can.

Attachments

• PROGRESS.png
    PROGRESS.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 8,659
  • srb20032.gif
    srb20032.gif
    90 KB · Views: 20,144
  • srb20036.gif
    srb20036.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 16,661
Last edited:
I don't know if it's just my computer, but I can't see any of your images or gifs.

The hype meter is rising... First Blaze, then Mario, NOW SANS? I can't take all these soon gonna be awesome characters! AHHHHHHHHHH

attachment.php

To keep or not to keep...
EDIT: Not to keep, I'll make bones appear around Sans instead. Gaster Blasters will be saved for Sans' match weapon(s).

Attachments

• srb20037.gif
    srb20037.gif
    7 MB · Views: 18,467
Last edited:
Pretty good progress. I can see your using the original sprites as placeholders. I hope for Sans he actually has some special abilities, like he can use bone to lock onto enemies and attack, or maybe use his gaster blasters as a special attack, or a double jump when charged.

I smell second color support...
attachment.php

That's right, he'll be able to use secondcolor. Of course he doesn't immediately have support for it, only 5% of his sprites are done. I just changed the pants to red so you get an idea of what it'll look like.

Attachments

• srb20038.gif
    srb20038.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 8,159
WOW!!!
You've come a long way buddy, i think i also found a way to change the super colour.
Take a look at Sonic2glow.lua and you can change the numbers (which correspond to the color the super form cycles through, like knuckles goes from pink to peach to white then peach then pink) and then port the script into the wad, so if we used Sonic2glow's Knuckles super colour, Sans' jacket would be pink, get it?

Looking into the lua GreenKnight sent, I tried giving Sans custom super colors and...
attachment.php

I accidently found a way to make a character flash colors.
So get to those Super Sonic wads- kno

Attachments

• srb20039.gif
    srb20039.gif
    190.2 KB · Views: 12,690
Okay was originally going to only make Sans flash cyan but
attachment.php

I forgot about that damn eye
He now flashes the colors of his famous "bad time" eye

Attachments

• srb20041.gif
    srb20041.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 11,456
How about when Super, Sans does have the bad time eye. I'd like that combined with the Cyan super color, as Sans going from Blue to Yellow looks strange.

How did you make custom supercolors?
I looked into the Sonic2Glow lua from Lat' that GreenKnight mentioned, and kinda just looked at what was doing what by testing without certain parts of the coding. I was only able to figure out how to make a character flash 2 colors when super.

I looked into the Sonic2Glow lua from Lat' that GreenKnight mentioned, and kinda just looked at what was doing what by testing without certain parts of the coding. I was only able to figure out how to make a character flash 2 colors when super.
I know this sounds dumb and time consuming, but if you want a WAD done well, you have to take the long route, just copy the sprites of "Super" Sans but add the "Bad-Time" eye in the sprites also make sure that you choose the color that can change changes color (i think it's green)
6hrd4k.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back