Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch this contest not nearly meet the standard of awesome this topic's breadth seems to imply.

You know, as with every recent contest.

*goes back to procrastinating*

I'm not submitting Neo Canyon act 2, it has a major glitch that effects a big part of the level, and I know I will be downgraded for that...Maybe next time.

Kroze said:
BlueZero4 said:
Kroze said:
All I have to say is you all better pray to your kind and merciful gods that Boinciel or BZ4 doesn't finish their already looking amazing levels...
If either of them submits, they you are all screwed royally.
You know, I don't think FFZ2 will be done soon at all.

At all.

Hey... I am trying to SCARE these n00bs and you are NOT helping...
SHOO AND GO FINISH UR LEVEL FOR ME TO PLAY!!!!

Hey, what about mine? I've gotten a quite good review from a credible reviewer. Don't underestimate me this time. Sorry for overhyping my level; it's not utterly amazing like Nuclear Sunset Zone Act 1 (yes, act ONE; NOT a typo), but Poison Prison is seriously an improvement from my other stuff. It's a milestone for me. I worked on it from January to April, so, Monster Iestyn, I'm pretty sure that my map will beat out yours. I pressed Merge Sectors/Join Sectors TONS of times and the level still has over 700 sectors. And those sectors are not mostly for aesthetic purposes; you can already see that the map isn't very pretty. Even after Dark Warrior gave it an 8/10, I still was dissatisfied and improved Poison Prison Zone further. Why? Because I knew I could. I put more effort into Poison Prison Zone than I put into my Symphony in 32-Bit.

I have a little surprise for anyone who attempts to load S_PPZ.WAD in coop or race...*evil grin*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I have a Circuit map almost ready, but you won't be seeing it this contest. It still needs beta tested online (only possible issue is difficulty). Also, I came home from college to find that our Internet does not work. I'm using the public library right now. Therefore, I can't send it in anyway. Furthermore, I'd like to decorate Firestorm as much as I can. Why? That's all that needs doing.

This contest could be historical. Glaber has a better chance of winning this time, I believe. He may win the Circuit Division. That alone will be a shocker if he does. I still think he should have won the JanFeb07 CTF division. Daimondus is far superior to Castle Canyon.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Kroze said:
BlueZero4 said:
Kroze said:
All I have to say is you all better pray to your kind and merciful gods that Boinciel or BZ4 doesn't finish their already looking amazing levels...
If either of them submits, they you are all screwed royally.
You know, I don't think FFZ2 will be done soon at all.

At all.

Hey... I am trying to SCARE these n00bs and you are NOT helping...
SHOO AND GO FINISH UR LEVEL FOR ME TO PLAY!!!!

Hey, what about mine? I've gotten a quite good review from a credible reviewer. Don't underestimate me this time. Sorry for overhyping my level; it's not utterly amazing like Nuclear Sunset Zone Act 1 (yes, act ONE; NOT a typo), but Poison Prison is seriously an improvement from my other stuff. It's a milestone for me. I worked on it from January to April

First of all, GO NSZ2 YOURSELF!
*ahem* now thats out of the way... Now while I have seen some of your work and it is progressing, I personally doubt you could make something like both Boinciel's and BZ4's current levels are hitting...
Bonicel has did something with his current level which is just genius and I am sure will be used in several other peoples levels if he gives them permission... because they are just THAT good.
As well, both BZ4 and Boinciel are moving on from your standard "Just run through the level to get to the finish" to "Do things that will effect the level to get to the finish(es?)...
Which make the level worth replaying several several times and make you feel as if you are having an impact on the level.
Not to mention with how it works on several different levels.
Just because a level is HUGE doesn't make it good either... how many sectors you have doesn't really matter. If its not fun then having it just be big is torture!

And one good review does not a good level make...
There is no accounting on different peoples tastes or playing styles.
There were many MANY different ways to go about completing NSZ1, NSZ2 and FFZ1 as well as so much to do and see within the indivdual level.
So while your level MAY play well and run smooth, it may have nothing that really pushes it into the "greatness" level as some of these more advanced levels have in them...

Just a little tip from your friendly neighborhood Spidey Knux!

I'll Begin said:
Again. Sonic Battle had an unlockable Green Hill Zone stage.

Plus what about that level from Sonic Advance 3 (I think) that uses Green Hill music? I know it wasn't called Green Hill, but still.

You forgot Green Hills from Sonic 2 GG.

Sonic 2 didn't have any Green Hill zones...(Not that I know of)

Anyway, I'm sending in my level as soon as I decorate the ending room...

Ice said:

Beta version.

Also, we need more match maps.

Ice said:

See Sonic 2 Game Gear/Sega Master System.

I preaty much forgot about the other GHZs, but since you reminded me I'll just compile a list of games with a GHZ for you to guess whitch one mine is from.

S1 (Green Hill)
S1GG (Green Hill)
SGenesis [gba] (Green Hill)
S2GG (Green Hills)
S2Alpha (Buggy S1 GHZ)
S2beta (Neo GHZ)
SChaos GG/SMS (Mecha Green Hill)
Sonic Blast/G Sonic (Green Hill)
Sonic Advance (Neo Green Hill)
SA2/SA2B (Green Hill act 1)
Sonic Battle (Green Hill Battle field)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Green Hill)

I stand corrected.

I hope FF got my e-mail. Seeing as the contest isn't too far from now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back