Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, my map won't be in due to me losing all interest since I started messing with Skulltag modifications. Blech.

There we go, Metropolis Sprint has been submitted for the Single Player divison of the contest.

It's certainly not an incredible ground breaking piece of work, but for a second serious map. I'm rather pleased of what I've managed to get done.

But, that aside, best of luck to all the contests and let's hope we all have fun playing this contests batch of maps!

This is, I believe, the first time in eight months that I haven't submitted anything for the contest. I was toying with the idea of a joke Match map called Totally Flat Zone, but I decided against it.

Sky Garden isn't going to make it at this rate, I'm afraid. It's due in an hour and I'm only about 3/5ths of the way done.

Alright, I'm back after a week of camp. What'd I miss?
EDIT: Okay, I guess I'd better actually say something if I'm posting (got an infraction). I'm really looking forward to playing everyone's submissions, and I hope mine won't end up with a really low score -- I know it's not the best thing in the world, and I'm starting to regret some of the things I put in it, but it's not a complete piece of junk. Anyway, I'll download everything, play it a bit, and of course put up some ratings.
Oh, and in case you were curious, camp was really, really fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
With SRB2TP out of the way for a while, I now have time to work on my level. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can get this finished in time. (It's still Emerald Lake)
Edit New pictures:

srb20060-2.png

srb20061-1.png

srb20062-2.png
Using Motobugs in place of Crawlas.

Last edited:
Not if it's 90% brand new. That rule is only for taking an old map and making it longer/better, IIRC.

My Magma Core Zone 2 remake got in, after all.

Disrepaired Sanctuary

Yeah, I've made/am in the process of making a CTF map for the contest.
Preview Pics Spoilered for Hugeness.
srb20000.png

srb20002.png
srb20003.png
srb20000.png
srb20001.png
srb20002.png

srb20019.png
Chances are I won't finish it. School starts tomorrow, and I have a terrible work ethic.

Whoa! You've done it again! I positively adore the detail on that level.
Why does you think this looks so extremely good? Sure, it's okay, but it doesn't really look any better than average, in my opinion.
Everything is just brownbrownbrownbrownbeigebrown all over, aside from the plants. The water is a bit too dark, and I still don't get why the cave has those vine textures used as sides. Also, unlike most people here, I dislike the 'bridge bending because the rope is a bit loose' thing.
The first two pitctures are just green all over, maybe because it's too bright? The only thing I like is the thicker layers of leaves casting darker shadows.
The third and fourth are the best of the group, in my opinion. The only complaint I have is that the flat is turning brown where the light level is too dark. Keep the light above 200 and you should be fine, and maybe brighten up the rest of the room to enhance contrast.

(rate my trolling: -- out of 10)

Moderator Notice:

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand by what I say. It's not the color that dazzles me; it's the detail. Besides that, the color really isn't that bad. It's perfectly average as far as I'm concerned.

I stand by what I say. It's not the color that dazzles me; it's the detail. Besides that, the color really isn't that bad. It's perfectly average as far as I'm concerned.
Sure it's average, but you should always strive for more than that. Also, you don't seem to have noticed that Neo's entire post was tongue-in-cheek.

The level I would place August 30, 2010 ..
It is called Golden Palace.
I took some criticism of my last contest, with Dangerous Volcano, particularly on the "hard winnable" of the level, and I developed a nice level to play, sympatic,difficulty easy / medium, and I hope, dynamic.
Tell me if you find my level beautiful, skins, etc ! I don't have a good level design.

Screens !

====> Eggman's Pool !

srb20004.png

====> Digital code for continue ! (Easy to press buttons for you, very hard on creating this gadget to me !)

srb20007.png

====> A Big room ! (A bit empty, still ...)

srb20009.png

====> The dining room (the kitchen: just after!)

srb20014.png

====> A little outside ... or he will climb on this truck at half succeeded.

srb20016.png

====> Boss's room !

srb20017.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back