[Open Assets] Top Hat - Cosmetic Slot Item

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
wQ6AScp.png

Yes. Finally. Hats.

At long last.

Adjusts itself for certain characters released on the forums already.

Feel free to modify it for whatever stupid thing you like.

Sprites blatantly stolen from Wiz of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Live long and dapper.

Attachments

• srb20065.png
    srb20065.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,973
  • srb20067.png
    srb20067.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,872
  • srb20070.png
    srb20070.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,901
  • srb20068.png
    srb20068.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,111
  • srb20186.png
    srb20186.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 2,329
  • TopHat.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,775
You get points for creating something that looks very dandy, adjusts height for spinning properly and actually being funny in general! So welcome to Releases! =D

Shouldn't take long for someone to make an MD2 of this. Nice work.

Someone needs to make, like, a hat wad full of hats to freaking put on your character.
That would be godly.
I want to help.
In fact, They should add 2 variables to all characters called HAT and HATHEIGHT. HAT would be set too a number for if your character can wear a hat. Or, forget that if you want, and just put in HATHEIGHT, which determines how high that hat goes. Then, In player setup, Just add a select screen: FOR HATS!!!

That would be godly.
I want to help.
In fact, They should add 2 variables to all characters called HAT and HATHEIGHT. HAT would be set too a number for if your character can wear a hat. Or, forget that if you want, and just put in HATHEIGHT, which determines how high that hat goes. Then, In player setup, Just add a select screen: FOR HATS!!!

While we're doing that, why not just incorporate the whole Team Fortress 2 HUD and have all the classes and hats!? Why not have a choice to stack hats! Hats on hats on hats on hats on cats!

The return of the Ghastly Gibus!
Nevermind, I suggest you to spawn them with a random color.

Didn't mean that as a bug report, I just thought it was funny. I didn't expect it to work with him, making it work would be a lot of trouble for just one character.

Not really, just make the hat's scale match brak's:

hat.scale = player.mo.scale
hat.destscale = player.mo.destscale

and then nudge up the actual capechase height some way up more! Should work after you've done all that.

I KNEW IT. SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT.

By the way someone has to make an entire Hat package inculding TF2 Hats :D

EDIT:
srb20058.png

Now i have CLASS!

Last edited:
Not really, just make the hat's scale match brak's:

hat.scale = player.mo.scale
hat.destscale = player.mo.destscale

and then nudge up the actual capechase height some way up more! Should work after you've done all that.
Guess it's not as much trouble as I thought. For whatever reason I'm always surprised anytime something involving SRB2 modding is easy.

Now i have CLASS!
Yeah, it amuses me that your avatar, your title, and your signature are all top hat related now.

We should start an 'SRB2 Hat Project'. It would be amazing.
Think, wouldn't it be awesome if hats got programmed into vanilla SRB2? In Multiplayer it could make a huge difference between players instead of just color changing.

We should start an 'SRB2 Hat Project'. It would be amazing.
Think, wouldn't it be awesome if hats got programmed into vanilla SRB2? In Multiplayer it could make a huge difference between players instead of just color changing.

I fully support this. I could probably try making a hat some time...

This reminds me of Sonic Generations' Hat DLC in so many ways, I'm loving the idea! I've got to try it on Blaze, Hinote, Amy, and pretty much everybody else, this looks freaking hilarious; classy as a dapper Crawla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back