Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if sonics in a car...

Well besides the fact that Sega has sonic in a car and the unneeded hate for that lets just hope that the concept is executed well

Well checking from that demonstration i can say there are a few flaws:
1. As far as I saw there was little variety in items
2. There is no drift, making it hard to turn
But then again its a demo and they'll fix the problems

EDIT: A third one came in mind:
3. the characters are even in stats which is a little annoying.

Sonic 2 said:
Well checking from that demonstration i can say there are a few flaws:
1. As far as I saw there was little variety in items
2. There is no drift, making it hard to turn
But then again its a demo and they'll fix the problems

Or apparently they don't know how to drift?

This game is coming out in 2 years so yeah, there probably going to add in some elements to the game.

Sonic 2 said:
that could be true, sorry to be quick to judge

Actually, I don't think the even have drift. Because theres a video with a Sega person playing. (NO DRIFT!) Maybe they'll use the spring technique instead(Springs on walls to turn?)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-sonic-sega/50587
(Note:The cars seem to turn VERY smoothly, I don't see it as we need drift)

Must see video
http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing.html#view:288176

Items:Super power,Speed shoes,Green shield,Mine bomb, Some shark(rocket)

Sonic 2 said:
OK I see what you mean with the drift thing, wait was big the cat confirmed before silver?

Er...I don't even think Silver was confirmed. And all we see is videos, there was no "Character confirmed" list.

I think the real horror that occurs whenever a new game is announced that's published by Sega and has Sonic as a starring character is the ****storm that will rise from the quite frantic 'debating' in topics like these.

Oh don't forget radiant emerald! *shot*

But i sure they won't make the mistake of having 5 levels besides this game has other Sega characters so chances are there will probably be other series besides sonic that will have their home stages

Sonic 2 said:
Oh don't forget radiant emerald! *shot*

But i sure they won't make the mistake of having 5 levels besides this game has other Sega characters so chances are there will probably be other series besides sonic that will have their home stages

Resort Island, Radical city, Rusty ruin, Reactive factory, radiant emerald. He didn't forget it, although with the discussion of sonic R levels I would love it if they put a sonic R level in this game (Heck, even some sort of compilation racetrack like STjr Illusion would be good enough), It would be pure awesome

I was also talking about sonic riders(I remember versus mode having 5 levels) and the 5 levels in sonic drift 1(5 levels per cup, but, they were pretty much the same througout the different cups).

So I got a chance to play this at the Comi-con today and...I'm not very impressed. It was EXACTLY like Mario Kart except for having SEGA characters. The controls were kind of slippery and there was a lot of lag, even in one-player mode. Items work exactely like they do in any Mario Kart game. One thing I do have to praise about this game so far is the Graphics. The game looks as if it's based on the Hedgehog engine and the visuals are stunning. I can't comment on the music or sound effects simply because they had the volume too low and I couldn't hear them. Oh by the way it looks like this game is going to be for the PS3 and 360 only. Which makes sense when you think about it as this game is meant to compete with Mario Kart. I think if they fix the controls and lag, they'll have a decent racer on their hands and a contender against Mario Kart.

To all of the people asking why is Sonic in a car, heres my awnser: Sonic is too fast and it would be unfair for others if he wasn't in one, by the way, this will be the seventh time Sonic is in a car-like thing, so it isn't something new.

@luis90: Sonic Riders had 14 levels, not 5. WOOT.

@dominicapopo: Then can you please tell us wich was the control setup?

Exactly how would it be unfair? It's not like they can't slow him down enough to match the cars, or speed the cars up like the boards. That would be impossible.

Maybe Sega decided that they would try something different for Sonic, since they've screwed up all the other Sonic games recently.

@Fyrus: If they had him slowed down, fans would go crazy with complains (like in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006).

@Slurgly: As I told before, this is not the first time Sonic is in a car-like thing, it's the seventh time he does:

1. Sonic Drift
2. Sonic Drift 2
3. Sonic Adventure
4. Sonic Adventure 2
5. Sonic Riders
6. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
7. This.

Sonnarku said:
Sonic Riders had 14 levels, not 5. WOOT.
Math is wrong. In total, it was seven. Six in which were the SAME STAGE, but with different designs. One stage being the babylon genie's realm which was number seven that had no double.

It's SA2 again people.

EDIT: Forgot the boss track to the babylon realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back