Trackmania Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

I THINK WE GOT A WINNER!!!!
http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php
Its the sequel to Trackmania, and it rocks!
Compared to Trackmania Original:
Pros:
-DUDE, ITS FREE(WARE)!
-Level editor that dosen't need coppers
-Great new peices
-Stunning 3D graphics
-Its online!
-Its massivly online! Yesterday, there were over 38 servers
-Ladder mode!
-New gameplay
-DUDE, ITS FREE!!
Cons:
-You can't respawn from checkpoints anymore
-Filesize is huge
-Really slow if on a bad computer
-Online is down due to amount of people on it
So, yeah, download it as soon as you can, I go as [TM]BaNaNa (old nick) on there.
Seeya on the tracks!

EDIT: Want more tracks to play? Try going to http://nations.tm-exchange.com/ (where i used to moderate :mrgreen: ) and downloading some, or even upload your own tracks to play.
EDIT2: Damn, I think the first link is broken. if you goto http://nations.tm-exchange.com/ , I think they have around 4 to 5 working downloadable links.

agreed. I had to buy PowerUp myself.
And this rocks, cause now i can create crazy maps with no limit :P
Also, guys, mabye you can post the challenges you create here, so we can all see what everybody else can make.

This'll look like a nice game to test my new ATI card on. Now I just wish that I could hack the game to change the nVidia logos into ATI ones.

I love the detail they've put into the graphics. You can drive over grass with your car and you can see the tracks of missing grass where your tires rolled over them.

adminstattmn0uj.png

:(

When will people realize that most people on the Internet have limited accounts!?

/me goes off to spam about it on their forums

That's the thing: Most people on the Internet, as a matter of fact, do NOT have limited accounts. Not during casual use, at any rate... Just pester whoever your admin is to install it. Or, if it's YOUR computer, why would you be on limited status anyway?

Anyway, I downloaded it. Runs rather well, although it slows down a small bit in some of the later levels (like, Pro-later). Plus, I honestly think this is the first time in TrackMania that you can launch yourself out into an abyss and fall forever...

Shuffle said:
Wow, this game isn't demanding at all, runs really well on my computer :).

Yeah, the game's graphics are real scalable. On the Very High preset, I get only around 63 FPS, but when I tone down the graphics, I get around 100-250. It must be all the realistic grass (blades) and reflections.

Ow, Very High EATS my computer.

How is the "Force Motion Blur" under very high? In my opinion, the blur not only looks terrible, it makes it hard to play the game.

I've been wasting my time ramping myself 800+ MPH off a ramp into oblivion.

Fun. And the graphics are very good, especially surpirsed my Video Card can do something >_<

I have the game set to low and at 800x600..
I'd much rather have a high framerate than good graphics any day. :P
You get a much better sense of speed when it's going at at least 40 or 50 FPS.

Shadow Hog said:
TrackMania that you can launch yourself out into an abyss and fall forever...

Incorrect.
Go into Powerup/origional, and just drive into the scenery.
Keep on going...
after a while the "sky" and eventually "land" will end, leaving you with a black hole.

Actually, I've found that in the original Trackmania it just yanks control from you when you get too far away, leaving your car effectively stalled.

Of course, I don't have Power Up or Original (for those not in the know, yes, there is a difference between the original and the one explicitly titled "Original"), so if it's different there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back