Fixed [64-bit OpenGL] someone blew a hole in GFZ2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
This rendering issue is new to 2.1.21 and only happens in OpenGL.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    374.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a known issue that's been reported a few times today.

that happened the same for me.
but not only GFZ2. it also affects JVZ (Jade Valley Zone) a Match, hide n' seek, tag, etc map.

Edit: god... theres more maps with this ploblem!

Attachments

• srb20110.jpg
    srb20110.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Why not use the 32 bit version? its not that SRB2 used more than 4 GB of ram. 64 bit is not necessary for now. use the 32 bit version without problems.

Sometime I'll have to post a framerate comparison video, because there are some maps that benefit from the performance boost regardless of RAM.

To anyone who sees these holes, I appreciate if you may take screenshots of as much as you may find and post them in this topic. Or, at the very least, list the levels in which you see them. Addons, official levels, whatever.

I'll see if there's an easy way to fix it.

Out of curiousity, does OpenGL mode render the back-sides of level stuff or not? If not, it might be interesting to find an area where there's a hole, then compile a version of the game that doesn't use back-face culling, and then check the same area in that version, to see if the hole is "simply" back-sided instead of front-sided. I'm not sure how easy that back-face cull disabling change would be in the code, but if it's easy enough, I think that it's worth testing that.

I heard someone ordered more cracks in reality, so here you go.

Maps are Sapphire Falls, Lime Forest, and Icicle Falls.

Attachments

• srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 282
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    453.3 KB · Views: 270
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 291
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back