Word Filter option added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. You want to know what else is silly about my previous statement?

Sonict said:
Did you know you guys can disable the curse filter in your profile? You can since the board was modded to do so. Only certain words are still filtered even if you turn it off.

That is actually explained in the first post of this topic. XD.

Umm, is this still there in vBulletin? Because they're uncensored by default, which I don't want, and I can't find the option...

I can't fin the option either. Where's the off button? I tried the User CP options and everything...

Well. I got some bad news about this guys.

This option will never come back. "Why?" You say...

vBulletin's method of a curse filter is different from phpbb2. In phpbb2, lets say "osuwari" is banned. In phpbb2, it would show up as **** (Which is adjustable), but when you edit the post, the original word appears.

In vBulletin, It actually replaces the word so if I wrote "osuwari", it would show up as "*******" when I edit the post. Because of this, this option will never work.

It would probably be a good thing to announce whether it works or not. I don't mean in Announcements, people (or at least me) rarely check that.

Its still censored. Right?

Yeah, I don't get why Sonict is saying the curse filter option won't work AT ALL. If "osuwari" is censored, it would just show up as seven asterisks instead of four. That still censors the word sufficiently. So what's the problem?

Yeah, I don't get why Sonict is saying the curse filter option won't work AT ALL. If "osuwari" is censored, it would just show up as seven asterisks instead of four. That still censors the word sufficiently. So what's the problem?

It appears as "*******" in the database instead of "osuwari". Since it's changed, it cannot be un-changed.

... Why the Hell is "f-o-r-u-m" censored?

(don't ban for the censor evasion, it's a legitimate question)

There's a nice list of banned words in custom titles.

Including the fake banned titles.

Well, Timberwolf could change his usertitle to "official SRB2MB troll"
Or if it applies to any board, "official Message board/MB troll"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back