• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ears and hair moving in the wind really take that animation to the next level. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Damn that's beautiful *o*

I may suggest to make the tails spin faster when you fly upwards, kind of like Sonic 3 (and tailscd) handled it. It's a small visual quirk, but I'm pretty sure it'd look even better.
But yeah, as always, keep it upl

srb2reduced4.png

Gee I sure hope nobody was expecting the previous version of the new palette to be final because I fucked up

Index 254 is different. It was previously a dark orange (very similar to index 45) and is now a dark blue (as the entirety of the dark blue rage was looking pretty squashed on some in development maps).

I probably should have said something around the time that image was posted, but I figure you guys can still change it.

Super Rust looks absolutely horrible. Why does it switch from orange shades to yellow in the 2 darkest ranges? It just doesn't make sense.

Also, is there only going to be a limited number of super color selections, or are we gonna get 5 super colors for every skin color? Because, while something like Super Purple seems a bit too dark for my tastes, a Super Pastel might be far better suited.

Though, it might just be better to change most of those super colors to not be nearly as dark as they are. For goodness sake, a great deal of your super color's darkest shades are darker than the base skin color! (Peridot, Cyan, Purple, Rust, and Tan)

But um, on a more positive note, Super Silver and Super Red are perfectly fine, while Super Orange could do with having the two darkest colors scrapped and replaced, and Super Gold only needs a minor tweak to become something like Super Yellow instead.

First off, I just wanna say I appreciate the comments! I haven't gotten a lot of active input on this outside of "hey that's cool" for a while, so getting some actual back-and-forth on this helps stimulate the ol' argument-formulatin' center of the brain and makes sure that we're delivering the Good Content^tm in future updates.

Superrust is laid out like that because it looks like this and this this in action. Surely the results speak for themselves?

Supergold is literally just 2.1's default/Sonic super flashing mapped across, so I don't know why you have an issue with it unless you don't like that in action, in which case fair enough but it's probably not changing unless there's some major uproar because we're fairly happy with its current state.

In a way, Superrust seems to be the poster child for a bunch of your complaints about this - you're uncertain about the raw colour ranges when laid out on the diagram, but that's not the context you'll see them in, where they end up looking pretty good (see this for a sample of Supertan in action). That said - I can see where you're coming from regarding purple! I will probably that into Superpastel, yeah.

Also, not sure whether this is public knowledge already, but the revamped form of supercolour isn't a menu/cvar/player struct changeable thing. It's a skin property. So you're probably not going to be able to do any direct comparisons of these at runtime. Also, yeah, the super colours that are in there are the only ones which will be available because god damn iteratively testing those was annoying and ballooning internal colour functions was quite weh.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah, I guess I can see where you are coming from.

Honestly, I think that maybe you should throw up some sample animations so they can be seen in context, and not in the lack of context that those images provide.

vzlGEXp.gif

5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28
8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29
10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30
13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Something like that, perhaps? Then again, maybe using a sprite of super sonic would have worked better for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back