SRB2 The Past 1.08.c

Now, I have a few issues

1) Emblems are very scarce and I no longer earn them after completing an "era" (SRB2 TGF or Beta Quest etc)

2) The emblem radar sometimes doesn't work

Other than that, this update is amazing!

also, where do I find the black emerald? =3

Before I answer, I got a question, Have you played version 1.04 of this mod on the same version of SRB2 as the current version of this mod?
1.04 and 1.08 use the same save files. that being said, on with the answers!

1: Emblems only exist on the mini hubs, Sonic's Nightmare, Level versions from 1.04 and up, and as their own unlockables. If you collected an emblem in 1.04 it stays collected in 1.08.

For example, if you collected the "Click and Create" emblem after completing Techno Hill in 1.04, you don't get to collect another after completing Mine Maze.

2: The emblem radar only works on maps that still have emblems to collect, and if they're character specific ones, only if you're playing as the matching character.

As stated earlier, levels from srb2 version 1.04 and up have emblems, those that are Demo 4 and below, Not counting Sonic's Nightmare, have no emblems to collect at all.

Embrald: Before you go hunt it down some more, I must state that Hyper powers were not restored. I have no idea how to do this, nor do I have enough LUA experience to attempt it. That said, The Emerald can still be granted to you, but you need the 7 chaos emeralds, and have visited Red Volcano via the secret in GFZ1 1.09.4, and go visit Red XVI's House on GFZ2 1.09.4.

While the Emerald won't grant you hyper powers, it will still allow you access another Red XVI Secret in a 1.09.4 stage (that you also still need the 7 emeralds for).

Twisted Terminal Issue: Good catch Pinkio, I just checked to see what they were suppose to bew and those missing objects were the original flipped red springs. I'll get to work on fixing that right away.

Multiplayer pack updated to 1.08.a. Please redownload

Last edited:
Before I answer, I got a question, Have you played version 1.04 of this mod on the same version of SRB2 as the current version of this mod?
1.04 and 1.08 use the same save files. that being said, on with the answers!

1: Emblems only exist on the mini hubs, Sonic's Nightmare, Level versions from 1.04 and up, and as their own unlockables. If you collected an emblem in 1.04 it stays collected in 1.08.

For example, if you collected the "Click and Create" emblem after completing Techno Hill in 1.04, you don't get to collect another after completing Mine Maze.

2: The emblem radar only works on maps that still have emblems to collect, and if they're character specific ones, only if you're playing as the matching character.

As stated earlier, levels from srb2 version 1.04 and up have emblems, those that are Demo 4 and below, Not counting Sonic's Nightmare, have no emblems to collect at all.

Embrald: Before you go hunt it down some more, I must state that Hyper powers were not restored. I have no idea how to do this, nor do I have enough LUA experience to attempt it. That said, The Emerald can still be granted to you, but you need the 7 chaos emeralds, and have visited Red Volcano via the secret in GFZ1 1.09.4, and go visit Red XVI's House on GFZ2 1.09.4.

While the Emerald won't grant you hyper powers, it will still allow you access another Red XVI Secret in a 1.09.4 stage (that you also still need the 7 emeralds for).

Twisted Terminal Issue: Good catch Pinkio, I just checked to see what they were suppose to bew and those missing objects were the original flipped red springs. I'll get to work on fixing that right away.

Multiplayer pack updated to 1.08.a. Please redownload
damn :(
I've seen many people assign special lua functions, is there no way to do that? (Using the Hyperv2 lua for the black emerald)

it might be possible to make a version of the lua script that checks for the black emerald emblem and the 7 emeralds, but as I stated, I lack the experience and know how.

it might be possible to make a version of the lua script that checks for the black emerald emblem and the 7 emeralds, but as I stated, I lack the experience and know how.

That sucks, oh well. Good things come to those who wait

I have an idea, perhaps use a wad that has an item with a custom function as a base! It should give you the setup you need.

Don't give up. You've put your heart and soul into this project and you've come this far by overcoming the obstacles, I have full confidence knowing that you can do it! It's obvious that SRB2 Wadding is a talent of yours and it'll shine brighter than ever once you fully realize that.

TL;DR - Practice and don't give up.

Wadding and Socing are one thing, Lua is a whole new language to me. But that's not to say I wouldn't be willing to experiment. (you'd be surprised how much of this mod doesn't use Lua)

Death pit at Deton escape part in Techno Hill Zone v1.08 is not working.

Attachments

• srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 956
Glaber, while the main wads are too large to embed as single files, you still need to have them as attachments. Please make split archives for that purpose.

i'm not sure they'll fit. I'll create the split files when I get home and upload them as they're made.

My shift ends in roughly 2 hours from this post

EDIT
Split archive for the main files now uploaded. Techno hill issue has not been fixed yet.

EDIT 2
Techno Hill issue now fixed on all downloads, Main file updated to 1.08.a
Compressed version dropped.

Last edited:
While I know this may seem a bit of a minor gripe, But Red Volcano's Hub Card and map name says "Red Volcaino" instead of "Red Volcano". Wasn't sure if you were aware of that or not.

Thanks for telling me, the stage has now been fixed and I also fixed THZ2's death pits in 1.09.4 as well.

If I recall correctly, and if you're asking why it's in the mod section, I was directed to submit it to this section instead of the levels section by the Judges a few years ago.

Really late considering Error zone was renamed into Construction zone.
but yes, selecting co-op or single player in the multiplayer wad sends you to the "Crash prevention map"

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back