Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knuckles's new profile concerns me, but I'm going to suck it up and reserve Judgment until the whole look is revealed...

*keeps an Arceus on standby*

Shield your eyes!
sAlJAX3.png

Just thought I'd edit a 3D model just to see how it MIGHT end up looking since it's a CG animated show...

Really though, I'm seeing Knuckles as being a very different character in this series, not just with his design, but his personality as well. I think he may play the figure of wisdom in this, a more mature and serious figure than the rest of the cast who does not take part in Sonic's adventures, but rather scolds Sonic for his behavior as a staple in the show. Well, since we've been given little info so far, I'll just say "we'll see" for now. This is just my prediction and I'm always right.

This looks really neat, I'm looking forward to it now. I really don't mind of they take some liberty with the characters and their personalities if it amplifies the overall quality of the show.

I think I'd like like to bring attention to this topic, this show is supposed to be a CG-animated COMEDY show. Most comedy shows centered around lovable characters from cartoons most likely suck. For example: "Teen Titans Go!" A lot of people don't like this show because it gives most characters little to no identity of their past, except their existence and abilities (Raven likes My Little Pony?). I really shouldn't have low expectations, but after learning about the show: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and how bad it's claimed to be, Sonic Boom might go back in that awkward direction. And I'm not a very big fan of it.

I think I'd like like to bring attention to this topic, this show is supposed to be a CG-animated COMEDY show. Most comedy shows centered around lovable characters from cartoons most likely suck. For example: "Teen Titans Go!" A lot of people don't like this show because it gives most characters little to no identity of their past, except their existence and abilities (Raven likes My Little Pony?). I really shouldn't have low expectations, but after learning about the show: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and how bad it's claimed to be, Sonic Boom might go back in that awkward direction. And I'm not a very big fan of it.

Perhaps you missed this.
sU0CgUl.jpg

That has nothing to do with what he said, since SatAM isn't a comedy.

Or at least I hope not.

My main issue is that the show might stray away from the formula of the series, just like "Teen Titans Go!" It doesn't take the "fight crime every time" scenario, but a comedic adventure as if this is what they do on their down-time. If Sonic Boom strays away from the formula, which is "A blue hedgehog and two-tailed fox versus an evil egg-shaped scientist" then that might hurt a long-time sonic fan. I mean, imagine if they center an episode about Amy and Sonic suddenly falling in love (ugh that's so terrible to imagine) that would stray away from the formula of the series and the character's personalities. The point is, Sonic Boom's comedic route is more of a problem than the average person would believe. They sacrifice personalities, add things that don't need to be mentioned, and introduce nostalgic characters that do absolutely nothing in terms of plot. But that's my honest opinion on the show, and I might be proven wrong when the show comes out in the Fall.

This is what you guys get for hating on Sonic X.
If there would have been a 5th Sage, none of this would had happen.

I dunno. I'd say that SATAM definitely had comedic elements, but that it's definitely not a comedy to the extent that Sonic X or Adventures was. The thing is that in all Sonic shows (except maybe Underground), the character that defines the tone of the whole thing is Eggman / Robotnik. In SATAM, he was mostly dead serious (if hammy) about grinding Mobius into ash. In Adventures, he was either completely over-the-top or helpless or both. Sonic X, as lame as I think the rest of the show is, gave us the most widespread characterization / deconstruction of the character. He could be an existential threat in one episode and completely chummy in the next, giving us the best of both worlds.

That said, I really hope that they explore the way that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy interact in this new show. Ideally, I'd like the tone between the characters to emulate the relationship between Sonic and Tails in Adventures; Not being weighed down by loads of new characters and a global threat over their heads (SATAM) or by non-Eggman human characters (Sonic X), hopefully the four here will interact with each other in a lighthearted, occasionally snarky or sentimental manner.

I really hope that they explore the way that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy interact in this new show.

Let's be honest, Just like in Sonic:The Lost Worlds Knuckles, and Amy will have Little to do with the Plot. Tails will be the go to guy for anything Tech wise, That's it.

Sonic will hog all the rest of the camera time.

In fact Sonic Lost World, The whole game could have just been a scraped plot idea for the show.
Or
Just like In Sonic X where they take Plots, right out of the Adventure games.

Sonic Boom will most likely do the same.

And saying it's a "comedy". Expect to hear the Phase: Baldy Mc Nose Hair, Quite often.

Now looking at sonicfan2000's model for Knuckles, I get this weird feeling that he looks similar to Crunch Bandicoot back from the classic Crash Bandicoot games.

Also, I hope they use the same voice actors for this show because if they use new ones for the show, I have a good feeling that they will be used in the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back