Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
blargen said:
Jellybones69 said:
I see no point in this thread. Sonic will NOT be canceled. He's slowly getting better.

Now... I really dont think that thats true. 0.0'
Take a look at the score on these:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sonicthehedgehog/index.html?tag=result;title;1

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicunleashed/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/sonicrpg/index.html?tag=result;title;0

NOW... Take a look at these...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sonicthehedgehog2/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/sonicadventure/index.html?tag=result;title;2

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/a...m_clk=gssimilargames&tag=similargames;title;1

How's that for SLOWLY GETTING BETTER? The newer the game = the worst the score... The Sonic 1 2 3 & sonic adventure games are full of win. Yet the Sonic 06 sonic unleashed & sonic chronicles got: "Fair", poor, BAD.

So is he gettin' better? Uh uh. But sonic in my opinion is great... All the other people don't think so. >_- So weather we think he's good or not dosen't really count unless one of us joins Sonic Team and "fixes" the franchise so all the other people would like it.

T.T Sadly this is what the future (2013) will say about sonic:

" The Sonic the hedgehog franchise "used" to be a good franchise. It ran its best years in 1991-2002, but sadly ratings droped in the games after and it had to be canceld. There after caseing the demise of the Sonic team, and soon after, Sega."

Its just sad aint it?
They are all from Gamespot, if you want to draw up an conclusion like that you should go for more then one sorce, and Gamespot arent exactly the best to realy on when it comes to review scores (or most VG reveiw sites for that matter).

They should, I'm not buying any new Sonic games anymore anyway, besides, they can probably do well enough to survive with their other titles. (Madworld FTW)

MegamanZero29292 said:
Zanyhead said:
They should, I'm not buying any new Sonic games anymore anyway, besides, they can probably do well enough to survive with their other titles. (Madworld FTW)
Do you even try the new games?
Indeed. Zanyhead needs to play Unleashed.

Tis good.

But one of the many factors to Sonic's downfall, I must say, will be the fanbase. Here you got some people saying they want Freedom Fighters in the next game, and then there's the whole voice debate. So many diviosions of the Sonic fanbase argue like this, and people that are in the same division will even argue and shout complaints at each other. Just this last week I tried to prove that there is no reason why SEGA can't bring in Freedom Fighters in a Sonic game. (Bioware's really close to doing this, and I'm getting real hyped up right about now.) As usual, my opinion was crushed instantly, but this time it was at the moment they heard I was an online friend of Richard Kuta (you know.... Sonmanic on deviantART?).

If you have an incredibly contrasting opinion from anyone else in the Sonic fanbase, you're sure to get stepped on like bubblegum. But I wasn't just stepped on.... I was trampled. But with my argument, I guess I deserved it.

The fanbase is crumbling and SEGA isn't wanting to deal with a fanbase that can't make a final decision on what they want. If you want a major reason to say that Sonic is failing all you have to do is dig up some dirt on the SEGA message boards. We have the fanbase to blame if Sonic is ever cancelled. Same went for HDIJ.... We were stupid, HDIJ was locked. Simple as that. Sonic is somewhat suffering through the same thing.

I still think this topic is pretty pointless, because unless they go out of business, SEGA will ,no way in hell, going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog.

Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
I am not sure because Sonic has been there mascot for years and years to come but lately he has been doing VERY badly (except for Sonic Chronicles & Unleashed). I have also been hearing a lot of people at my school (and on Myspace, Facebook places like that) saying that SEGA is going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog. Do you think this is true? Also look at this

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/five-game-franchises-to-put-to-rest/1276226

You have to understand, some other companies had screwed up as well, SEGA isn't the only company that is making bad games right now or back then. Probably the only way I think SEGA would go out of business and cancel the Sonic franchise, would have to be another company that buys them out and decides to cancel the Sonic franchise. Pretty far, SEGA and Nintendo are working together and they are both doing well, so the chances are really low right now.

Remember, SEGA can ask other companies to have their characters thrown into other games, depending on what features it will have, since they changed their company to a third party and receive a small amount of money that way.

Well the way I see it, there is hope yet. Some of the newer ones like Sonic Unleashed where pretty good, (putting aside the transformed levels.)

I think that SEGA should go back to the original Sonic games.
Still standing today, my favorite Sonic game happens to be Sonic 3 for the Genesis. You know! The good old days with no complication between levels... just straight running around and jumping on baddies.

Once SEGA learns that sonic was best when it was simple, maybe there mascot will stop falling to Earth and become larger than life again.

I blame Sega of Japan. Sega USA introduced the Freedom Fighters and the other SEGAs, other than Japan, promoted them. From the looks of things Sega Japan want's Sonic their way or the highway.

glaber said:
I blame Sega of Japan. Sega USA introduced the Freedom Fighters and the other SEGAs, other than Japan, promoted them. From the looks of things Sega Japan want's Sonic their way or the highway.
Sounds like you, me, and Richard Kuta (the dude behind the official SatAM movie a.k.a. sonmanic of dA) are in the same boat. I too want Freedom Fighters in a Sonic game. SoJ is the main variable as to why the Sonic fanbase is splitting up. And you know what? Now , SEGA forumers say that the shows sucked sinced they were cancelled due to some "unpopularity issues."

Darn SoJ.

I personally think if they slow down production somewhat, games will come out better. I mean, take unleashed and the new sonic and the black knights for example. They're release dates are way too close together. And for a matter of fact, sonic never dies with me. I liked everyone of his games I ever played, though that might make me weird. Who knows.

DarthJunior said:
I personally think if they slow down production somewhat, games will come out better. I mean, take unleashed and the new sonic and the black knights for example. They're release dates are way too close together. And for a matter of fact, sonic never dies with me. I liked everyone of his games I ever played, though that might make me weird. Who knows.

Of course it doesn't make you weird. It's your own opinion and your thoughts on the games. As long as it isn't anything that sounds like you worship the company that created sonic or just sonic period.

But what sonic really needs is a long break. SEGA (as well as sonic team) is pretty much sufforcating the animal with worthless plots and generic outcomes (the superform and the chaos emeralds are the excelent examples) as well as crappy gameplay (sorry, but as much as I liked unleashed, the werehog levels felt too......mello and repeitive. And sonic's controling in stages are too car-like).

And yes, they need to slow down the production. That I agree with the most *nods*

TrueTenguMan said:
DarthJunior said:

Of course it doesn't make you weird. It's your own opinion and your thoughts on the games. As long as it isn't anything that sounds like you worship the company that created sonic or just sonic period.

But what sonic really needs is a long break. SEGA (as well as sonic team) is pretty much sufforcating the animal with worthless plots and generic outcomes (the superform and the chaos emeralds are the excelent examples) as well as crappy gameplay (sorry, but as much as I liked unleashed, the werehog levels felt too......mello and repeitive. And sonic's controling in stages are too car-like).

And yes, they need to slow down the production. That I agree with the most *nods*
I agree with almost all that statement... except one detail... they had super sonic, and even hyper sonic, when the games were still getting 10/10 reveiws. Super forms are alright, but its just the way they are using them in the games.

DarthJunior said:
I agree with almost all that statement... except one detail... they had super sonic, and even hyper sonic, when the games were still getting 10/10 reveiws. Super forms are alright, but its just the way they are using them in the games.

But the thing is, that wasn't a problem for handheld games in which you need to search out for the emeralds. Games like STH06, sonic and the secret rings, etc. are making it too obvious that sonic will become super just to finnish the fight.

Super forms are alright, but its just the way they are using them in the games.

I wasn't ignoring this, trust me, but the thing is...it's just too often now. Wouldn't you agree that sonic and the others are powerful enough without relying on emeralds all the time? A game (besides riders that is..) without sonic going in some super-like form to stop some force of evil or chaos. Heck, you saw sonic beat difficult foes like Metal sonic without the use of the emeralds (heros was an exception). SEGA really needs to stop going DBZ on sonic games.

TrueTenguMan said:
DarthJunior said:

But the thing is, that wasn't a problem for handheld games in which you need to search out for the emeralds. Games like STH06, sonic and the secret rings, etc. are making it too obvious that sonic will become super just to finnish the fight.

Super forms are alright, but its just the way they are using them in the games.

I wasn't ignoring this, trust me, but the thing is...it's just too often now. Wouldn't you agree that sonic and the others are powerful enough without relying on emeralds all the time? A game (besides riders that is..) without sonic going in some super-like form to stop some force of evil or chaos. Heck, you saw sonic beat difficult foes like Metal sonic without the use of the emeralds (heros was an exception). SEGA really needs to stop going DBZ on sonic games.
So your saying super forms should be more of a bonus, not a requirement? If so I agree.

I want collect Emeralds (The Ol' Fashioned way) And feel truly Rewarded (And "Super" Cheap LOL) And be able to become Super in level.

Eliwood said:
I want collect Emeralds (The Ol' Fashioned way) And feel truly Rewarded (And "Super" Cheap LOL) And be able to become Super in level.
Yeah, but just like S3&K you should still get a bonus stage for being so awesome and unlock the game's true ending.

But with how the new Sonic goes through HUB worlds in between levels.... Nah. They should let us collect Emeralds. Storyline or not we should get those minigames and earn emeralds the ol' fashion way.

The only game where it felt like you actually deserved super forms would have to be sonic adventure 2.

Each side had it's levels, and each one had it's own difficulty. Try beating crazy gadget without falling off the platforms in the last gravity section.
Though you were not collecting emeralds the old genesis way, but the setup of the levels made you feel fuzzy inside for beating an annoying level that someone might of had trouble with.

And the two boss fights and the final ending felt like they were worth the trouble.

Sonic adventure on the other hand forced you to play as characters as you play stage to stage while being comsumed by their own pointless story (knuckles, Gamma, and maybe tails or sonic's story was a either good or decent exception.)

if it wasn't for the vast adventure field and the levels, it would of been the STH06 of 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back