Halo 2 PC. Finally announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost Recon FTW. It's realistic and you actually have to sneak around, as opposed to running out blasting everything. Realistic war-time games > Halo and UT put together. :P

brianv said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
I really, really hate Halo 2. And I will never understand anyone who really thinks it's as good as you all claim it to be =/

If you want a good FPS, go play, like I've mentioned, TimeSplitters 2. Hell, Future Perfect works too, it just doesn't have as much of an 'arcade game' feel to it. Seriously, they're both leagues better then either Halo game.
Whats Future Perfect? And why would I play Timesplitters 2?
FP is TS2's sequel. And you should play TS2 because it's multiplayer beats everything else out right now, shooter or not. I'd rank it higher then SSBM on my list, thank you very much.

Oh, and Shuffle; arcade-styled shooters (TimeSplitters) and even non-realistic ordinary shooters (I dunno, James Bond?) are better than war time simulations. C'mon =P

Though I will give props to SOCOM. They pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I hate realistic war games. There's too many of them, especially WWII themed ones. Science fiction all the way!

UT2004, runs at a solid 1fps on my pc so thats no good.

Use the software mode then. It should run better than your poor excuse for a video card. :P Either that or set everything to Very Low.

Why does everyone hate halo so much? Its a really fun game. If your into first person shooters with guns.

It seems you've never played any good FPS games then. For single player, Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 kick butt (Except for the flashlight thing, but that's fixable with the duct tape mod). For multiplayer, try UT, UT2004, or even Counter Strike.

Realistic war-time games > Halo and UT put together.

Boo to you!

Though I will give props to SOCOM.

If it weren't for corporate-jackass Sony (As in, released for other systems) then I would consider it, but still, it's a realistic war game. There are far too many of those on the market.

Oh, and Shuffle; arcade-styled shooters (TimeSplitters) and even non-realistic ordinary shooters (I dunno, James Bond?) are better than war time simulations. C'mon =P

Agreed.

I guess we have different opinions, but I stick by mine and attempt to convert you! It's the way I work.
Reasons why Realistic > Sci fi:
Being shot in different places wounds you differently depending on where you're shot.
You get to sneak and crawl around 'n stuff. None of that run out, die, come back again, die stuff.
Aand.. they're just damn fun. :)

Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Sci fi shooters, in fact they are quite fun. I enjoy Tribes 2 very much, as well as UT 2004, but the realistic ones are just more fun.
Of course, the only one I've ever played is Ghost Recon, but if I knew of others, I'd probably love those, too. XP

FoxBlitzz said:
It seems you've never played any good FPS games then. For single player, Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 kick butt (Except for the flashlight thing, but that's fixable with the duct tape mod). For multiplayer, try UT, UT2004, or even Counter Strike.

Agreed.
I really don't like the half life series. Doom 3 I admit has good graphics, gameplay sucks. OO boy I like shooting zombies!!!!! UT sucks as I mentioned in a before post. I do happen to own CS(xbox) but since xbox live doesn't work right on it, wtf is the point of it?

Plus I always hated realistic shooters for some reason. I always liked the sci fi stuff like star wars, halo, star trek, etc. I'm a geek 8)

Bigboi said:
For Halo, if you don't have XBox Live, you're fun level shoots down a bit.
plus your I.Q drops to -99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

Also: Doom pwns all, end of story.

FoxBlitzz said:
I really don't like the half life series.

And why is that?
Well lke a year ago I did a few lan games with my brother(very first HL1(no steam)), and I was like wtf is this, so then I popped in halo pc and halo is definatly a lot better(my opinion)

Shut up doom sucks.

brianv said:
FoxBlitzz said:
I really don't like the half life series.
And why is that?
Well lke a year ago I did a few lan games with my brother(very first HL1(no steam)), and I was like wtf is this, so then I popped in halo pc and halo is definatly a lot better(my opinion)
This answers so much. Except it really doesn't.

I never really dabbled in online play in anything except SRB2, so the lack of bots in multiplayer and rather drab singleplayer (although I like the story) kinda makes Halo very much bleh. The PC version, that is, which already has crappy engine problems to contend with. The Xbox one, which we also own (the PC version just came free with my sound card, see), is better considering the engine problems aren't anywhere NEAR as prevalent, you CAN play co-op, and you don't need two copies of the game to play against somebody. It needed mouse & keyboard, though. Really really badly.

Regardless, for somebody who does single-player, Half-Life - either one - blows Halo right out of the water in just about every way possible, except maybe graphics (when talking about the first one, which hasn't aged too gracefully - second one, blows it out of the water again).

brianv said:

Shut up doom sucks.
Support that. Now. Because without DOOM, you wouldn't have your precious little Halo there - and I personally think DOOM's much more fun. Quicker-paced and with a larger variety of enemies, power-ups and weapons, for sure. Plus it's more customizable than a good car; Halo only lets you modify the multiplayer aspect, and again, that doesn't interest me on the PC version.

Shadow Hog said:
brianv said:

Shut up doom sucks.
Support that. Now. Because without DOOM, you wouldn't have your precious little Halo there - and I personally think DOOM's much more fun. Quicker-paced and with a larger variety of enemies, power-ups and weapons, for sure. Plus it's more customizable than a good car; Halo only lets you modify the multiplayer aspect, and again, that doesn't interest me on the PC version.
But I can't support it because I'm retarded.
Well I can try...
Doom 1- Levels too hard.
Doom 2- Never played.
Doom 3- Played for like 10 minutes, too scary.
Doom movie- That was cool but where was the story?

brianv said:
Shut up doom sucks.

Here's where you make me do something completely irrational and stupid which will probably get me temp-banned.

Admin Edit: That's it, I've had enough. Tempban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back