Super Mystic Sonic (V.1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, ANYTHING with a multithok is obscenely overpowered in match. The multithok is completely the most abusive move in the game. Take it from me, someone who was playing match back when the multithok was legal for normal play.

There isn't ANY way you can balance the multithok. Even making the character walk at zero speed, have no acceleration, and have no extra flags would help. =P

Mystic said:
There isn't ANY way you can balance the multithok. Even making the character walk at zero speed, have no acceleration, and have no extra flags would help. =P

Yes there is. Do all that and put actionspd to 1. Now tell me multi-thok is still overpowerd.

The rapid thok is easy to control if thats what yall mean by multithok, it just takes time to get used to it. It took me 1 zone to get it right. I don't think anything is wrong with it, I like it.

Crush40 said:
The rapid thok is easy to control if thats what yall mean by multithok, it just takes time to get used to it. It took me 1 zone to get it right. I don't think anything is wrong with it, I like it.

Try multi-thok without homing soon. Believe me, it'll take a lot of more time to master it then with homing. That 1 zone stuff will soon be changed to 5 zone.

And I could make some unlockable levels soon or later. Might be put in later versions of sms1095.wad

I don't like to double post, but for screenies I can't back off.

srb20044qa1.png

The new Hyper Mystic Sonic, now having the newest of the newest poses and style.

srb20045po0.png

I'll probably give HMS superfloat, but if not I'll give him armagedon thok. Prove is here.

srb20046xc1.png

New special effect. SMS shines brightly even in the darkest of area's.

srb20047ie1.png

And of course, HMS will partake in that effect as well.

srb20048go8.png

HMS in a differen't angle, showing him being faster and stronger as ever.

srb20049wm2.png

As you can see, it will take a lot of time to get used to the new HMS. See the symbol on his feet? Sorry, I had to think of something.......

Most screens show of HMS, since thats the main thing I'm working on now, and I haven't been busy with enemies lately.

They don't "Shine brightly" in dark areas, you just put a white outline on them, and the colours on the gloves and shoes change with HMS?...

I still think the colours are terrible on the wad.

I happened to notice something while playing the Wad.
I could use SMS to just Thok Left and Right. It is familiar to racing games. And it is called "snaking". A technique that allows you to powerslide in order to get turbos. This can cause you to rocket down the stage like an action speed 60 glider could. Some refer it to as cheating but this is most likely to be SMS's Best move in races. If you set the gravity low then you will fly forward like a rocket and nearly send yourself flying as long as there are no enemies nearby (SMS has Homing attacks.)

ree-c said:
They don't "Shine brightly" in dark areas, you just put a white outline on them, and the colours on the gloves and shoes change with HMS?...

SMS DOES shine brightly in dark area's. Try running in a area with lighting 20. SMS will still be as bright as he was when he was in bright area's like GFZ1. Yes, the colors on HMS change in more area's then just the basic main body color. Its not the boring change from normal form to super form like with Shadow. Why you dislike the colors stays your private bussines.

Neo Chaotikal said:
The mere thought that people who enjoy this wad exist makes me laugh uncontrollably.

The mere thought that you never made a character, but that you do blame me for my character makes me laugh.

Dash the Hedgehog said:
I happened to notice something while playing the Wad.
I could use SMS to just Thok Left and Right. It is familiar to racing games. And it is called "snaking". A technique that allows you to powerslide in order to get turbos. This can cause you to rocket down the stage like an action speed 60 glider could. Some refer it to as cheating but this is most likely to be SMS's Best move in races. If you set the gravity low then you will fly forward like a rocket and nearly send yourself flying as long as there are no enemies nearby (SMS has Homing attacks.)

Thats called multi-thok. Its used merely for avoiding walls and for recovering from falling in a pit. I removed homing because of the stupid system its based on. You can surely use it to cheat, and it makes eggman bosses too easy. But see that from the positive way! SMS can now thok without interuption of a enemy, wich makes him loads of faster.(main thing he's based on, SPEED!) And if you really miss homing, you can always activate it again with the console command: homing on.

ree-c wrote:

SMS DOES shine brightly in dark area's. Try running in a area with lighting 20. SMS will still be as bright as he was when he was in bright area's like GFZ1. Yes, the colors on HMS change in more area's then just the basic main body color. Its not the boring change from normal form to super form like with Shadow. Why you dislike the colors stays your private bussines.

No he doesn't. When he's entering an area with lighting 20 he just doesn't change his coulor to a darker one, but the lighting in the area surrounding him still stays 20. I think it looks a little weird, but I don't know how to do it in a better way. :?

Super mystic sonic said:
Thats called multi-thok. Its used merely for avoiding walls and for recovering from falling in a pit. I removed homing because of the stupid system its based on. You can surely use it to cheat, and it makes eggman bosses too easy. But see that from the positive way! SMS can now thok without interuption of a enemy, wich makes him loads of faster.(main thing he's based on, SPEED!) And if you really miss homing, you can always activate it again with the console command: homing on.

I know It is called multithok, but I'm terribly sorry that I didn't know you took it off. Still you can use multithok as Snaking.

Super mystic sonic said:
Neo Chaotikal said:
The mere thought that people who enjoy this wad exist makes me laugh uncontrollably.

The mere thought that you never made a character, but that you do blame me for my character makes me laugh.
Oh, so you're saying I should make a ridiculously looking and horribly overpowered character recolour wad with a stupid overused story about ancient creatures and incredible god-like powers of my own before talking trash about yours?

...Why?

Neo Chaotikal said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Neo Chaotikal said:

Oh, so you're saying I should make a ridiculously looking and horribly overpowered character recolour wad with a stupid overused story about ancient creatures and incredible god-like powers of my own before talking trash about yours?

...Why?

Nope, I'm saying you are flaming my character(no matter how worse you think it is) while you never made one yourself. How can I know that you are able to even make a character, then? Yeah, surely lots of people will say: Its NeoTikal, everyone knows he can make a character! But I rather wanna see, then just look at your level/mod making past.

Well, go ahead and flame me for this, but I'm stopping right now.

Super mystic sonic said:
Neo Chaotikal said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Neo Chaotikal said:

...Why?

Nope, I'm saying you are flaming my character(no matter how worse you think it is) while you never made one yourself. How can I know that you are able to even make a character, then? Yeah, surely lots of people will say: Its NeoTikal, everyone knows he can make a character! But I rather wanna see, then just look at your level/mod making past.

Well, go ahead and flame me for this, but I'm stopping right now.
Sorry, I won't give you the satisfaction of making a lame recolour and stoop down to your level.

SMS BATTLE END

Look, we've been over this before. SMS is a character designed for n00bs to enjoy. Obviously, based on its popularity, he's struck a nerve somewhere, as plenty of people seem to enjoy using overpowered characters, something I do kinda understand. I wish the visual design wasn't so lame, as I admit playing a round or two with multithok enabled again without having to load up Demo 4 is kinda appealing. However, I dislike recolors. If someone feels interested in making a sonic.plr with multithok, I may be interested in playing a few netgames with it for a laugh, but I don't wanna use some ridiculous-looking recolor. The WAD itself is nothing special. I think it's just the "using overpowered crap is fun" tendency explaining the popularity of this WAD, not how it's drawn, whatever lame backstory he has, or the visuals.

To the person who mentioned snaking: This isn't Mario Kart. If you want to go fastest with the multithok, the proper method is to point directly and take the shortest route through the level. Going left and right will slow you down, not speed you up.

I also get the feeling that no one playing SRB2 anymore even REMEMBERS the multithok because they weren't playing at the time. Go into the history section and download Demo 4. Try playing it. Remember, you can thok multiple times in a jump. Abuse said feature. A lot.

Mystic said:
To the person who mentioned snaking: This isn't Mario Kart. If you want to go fastest with the multithok, the proper method is to point directly and take the shortest route through the level. Going left and right will slow you down, not speed you up.

OH! Silly Me. Sorry about that. :?

Mystic said:
Look, we've been over this before. SMS is a character designed for n00bs to enjoy. Obviously, based on its popularity, he's struck a nerve somewhere, as plenty of people seem to enjoy using overpowered characters, something I do kinda understand. I wish the visual design wasn't so lame, as I admit playing a round or two with multithok enabled again without having to load up Demo 4 is kinda appealing. However, I dislike recolors. If someone feels interested in making a sonic.plr with multithok, I may be interested in playing a few netgames with it for a laugh, but I don't wanna use some ridiculous-looking recolor. The WAD itself is nothing special. I think it's just the "using overpowered crap is fun" tendency explaining the popularity of this WAD, not how it's drawn, whatever lame backstory he has, or the visuals.

I've been thinking about SMS popularity to newbies for some time. I'm trying to work on it, to make sure advanced players like it, without losing newbies to it. Because remember: there are LOTS of more newbies then proffesionals. Most people like SMS because of his differen't poses, his visual style(wich reminds more to the cool Sonic next gen model), and yup.....his abilities. I do disagree at your complaining about the visuals. SMS just has a differen't style if you are talking about his main body. That was basicly designed to be less like a standard character of SRB2, with those SRB2ish outlines.

Mystic said:
I also get the feeling that no one playing SRB2 anymore even REMEMBERS the multithok because they weren't playing at the time. Go into the history section and download Demo 4. Try playing it. Remember, you can thok multiple times in a jump. Abuse said feature. A lot.

I played SRB2 since the third demo, and I kinda loved it. I was playing a lot with Sonic and Knuckles, but I hardly played netgames. My main multiplayer choice was splitscreen by then.

Need I tell what I've always loved to Sonic's single-thok? The powerfull bounce you can do on Crawla's if you jump from a high platform and thok. It seems like a extremely heavy superpowerfull thok if you that. I just love the feeling.

Neo Chaotikal said:
BATTLE END

And thats all I needed to hear!

Yeah, I used to be one of those noobs, though I never really liked SMS.

It's true what mystic says, it's more fun to actually beat the game yourself, and it feels like a big accomplishment when done with sonic ^^

The point Im trying to make is, SMS is fun to some, and the rest only like him cause he runs on water. I'm gonna need a more original charector (there aren't many tails edits out there HINT HINT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back