What's a really good old(ish) game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
So. I've got 15 dollars on amazon to spend on whatever. 15 dollars isn't a lot, but I've been browsing through the used games section, and I can get stuff like Gears of War and Left 4 Dead for like, 11 dollars.

I don't want those games because I've played through them before. And I'm sure that lots of others out there would know exactly what to buy right off the bat in my situation. I've got an Xbox 360 and a shitty PC. So do you guys have any good suggestions?
kthx

Perfect Dark Zero is running $5 or less at most GameStops. It's got a fun campaign with (mostly functional) co-op. The multiplayer supports splitscreen and bots too, though the only good multiplayer mode is infection.

You should totally get The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions for your shitty PC. When I was younger, that game was my freaking world. It's got all kinds of awesome puzzles and a full level editor. It had an online swap feature too, but I'm sure that's long gone because it's so old.

If :SonicMaster: was still online, I know he'd back me up on this. He loved this game too...in fact, he actually lifted a piece of music from this game to use in one of his OLDC submissions.

Last edited:
You should get Oblivion for the Xbox 360. It's a RPG game, and I'm pretty sure you can still play online with Xbox Live.

A shame these two aren't still $15 like they were when I bought them. Such a good value.

You should totally get The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions for your shitty PC. When I was younger, that game was my freaking world. It's got all kinds of awesome puzzles and a full level editor. It had an online swap feature too, but I'm sure that's long gone because it's so old.

If :SonicMaster: was still online, I know he'd back me up on this. He loved this game too...in fact, he actually lifted a piece of music from this game to use in one of is OLDC submissions.
Nah. Get the whole series instead. So worth it.

You should get Oblivion for the Xbox 360. It's a RPG game, and I'm pretty sure you can still play online with Xbox Live.
Oblivion isn't multiplayer.

Well if your into Fable, then Fable 2 would be something I'd recomend for the 360. That and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy or Outcast for your PC.

It's kind of hard to get any old game for a 360. :|
If you had a Playstation system or Dreamcast or something, that would be easier.
What about XBOX Live Arcade? Ever checked that? They have a few old game titles and even Sonic Adventure and that's like... $10.

If you had a PlayStationsomething..... I'd say Spyro the Dragon. :U

You mean to tell me that Xbox 360 is oldish? Hell no. Oldish is 1995-2000. Therefore my recommendation would be Perfect Dark or Goldeneye for the n64.

I know that, but I belive they made one of the two for xbox live arcade, don't know which one though... That's why I mentioned it. I'm sorry if I confused you.

They remade Perfect Dark. They WERE going to remake Goldeneye but legal issues abound; instead, Activision got to give it a go. (Worked out pretty well, too.)
I hear that. I got this during the Steam holiday sale for either $15 or $10.
I got the Doom one, as well, mostly for Doom 3 and The Master Levels. Only bothered playing the latter, but they were still pretty darn fun.

If I did get the Quake pack, it'd probably only be for the Quake [1] expansions.

If :SonicMaster: was still online, I know he'd back me up on this. He loved this game too...in fact, he actually lifted a piece of music from this game to use in one of his OLDC submissions.

THIS

*Goes and cries over copy not working on new computer*

I meant oldish more for my shitty pc. Those games can be old as they want.

And honestly, the original Gears of War came out like 5 years ago. I wouldn't exactly call that new.

Get the Orange Box for the 360. I've seen it stupidly cheap used, and you seriously couldn't get a better set of games. Sure, TF2 360 is missing pretty much all of the updates, but it still has a surprisingly large amount of people on the servers.

Oh yeah, Orange Box! I can't believe I forgot about that one! I just ordered it, thanks for the reminder Bigboi. Hell, even if it doesn't work, I got the 15 dollars for free anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back