Why's SRB2 1.1 Source Private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

Why exactly is 1.1 a private thing? I'm not talking about the levels, sprites, and music being incomplete, those should only be released when they're finished, but why can't everyone get to see what new things are getting added to the source code? Why don't we get to see the source or anything, even if it may not be ready for an "official" release?

We'll if you want a private beta where you cant add wad's with only 6 levels (including acts and bosses) then be my guest. Don't bring smilies back

That one was only a test, and I just happened to get it. Wait for the public beta.

The 1.1 beta release was meant to be used to find bugs in the game. It was never intended to be mass-released, or even used in place of 1.09 (Which was why ADDFILE was disabled, so WADs couldn't be added.)

That's how I saw it, anyway.

SSN likes to drive us mad with demand for srb2 1.1. Then we get all happier and stuff when we actually get to get the game when it comes out for a public release.

Or something like that...

Listen, the 1.1 beta was meant to test something. The test is over, so at this point, anybody having the 1.1 beta should actually delete it. So stop complaining about it.

Sik said:
Listen, the 1.1 beta was meant to test something. The test is over, so at this point, anybody having the 1.1 beta should actually delete it. So stop complaining about it.
*Delete's srb2 1.10.01*

Sik said:

SSNTails said he didn't care if you had it. He just doesn't want you to spread it.

The source was not released because it's not supposed to be a public release. It leaked out to people that aren't supposed to have it, and now they're complaining that they don't have the source code.

We're not responsible for providing source of leaked files. When 1.1 is released, I assure you, the full source will be included and you can do anything you want with it.

Meh...I got to see the new Match system, plus revised sprites for some of the enemies...I'm happy about that. Oh my GOODNESS, what if you can play netgames with these?

Mystic said:
The source was not released because it's not supposed to be a public release. It leaked out to people that aren't supposed to have it, and now they're complaining that they don't have the source code.

We're not responsible for providing source of leaked files. When 1.1 is released, I assure you, the full source will be included and you can do anything you want with it.

Ummmmm... Do you know when it will be released... Stupid question, DON'T BAN ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back