July/August 2011 Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Contest Average: 6.25

EDIT again: Just noticed something on the Wiki... Ever since the Sep/Oct '10 OLDC (which had an average of 4.03), all OLDCs after that have an overall average greater than the preceding OLDC. Does this mean that the next OLDC will have an average of 7? One can never tell...

I have a feeling that this is just like a cycle. Which means, the contest average will most likely lower for the following OLDC. Then again I could be wrong. You never truly know.

EDIT: For the record, if I were to have voted for this contest I would have also given D00D's map a 10/10. :P

Last edited:
Can I say something? I'd like to say something.

Thanks, guys. This was great. There was so much fun content here, it was impossible not to have fun even on the bad maps.

Let's do it like this again some time!

Very fun contest guys, nice to see some good mappers getting into things again! The 1p division was so good I was having a hard time to pick out what levels would get 10s, they was all top-notch IMO. I was sorta disappointed with the MP division, but it still had some good levels.

Over all, great job! Let's do this again next time!

SRB2PlayerFan's votes were counted. This is ridiculous.
D00D64 voted on the SP maps, so SRB2PlayerFan's vote is dropped, isn't it?
Wow. So we have 1... 2... 3, 4 5 6 new maps to go on the leader boards?
Not to mention three new first-place leaderboard maps (Dumbventure, Storm Stronghold, and Galactic Waterworks).

By the way, on the leaderboards, why is Girder Detour listed below Egg Hall? I thought that the convention was that in a tie, the new level gets listed above the old one (i.e. Spaceport Warfare above Sunshower Canyon). Or is there just not an official policy?

Last edited:
The score that would otherwise have been dropped is an 8...it wouldn't have made a colossal difference.

D00D64 voted on the SP maps, so SRB2PlayerFan's vote is dropped, isn't it?
How does that make any difference at all? I don't want his votes disregarded because they influence Dumbventure's score. I want them disregarded because a lot of the scores are plain unreasonable and his justifications are total nonsense, e.g. giving Red House a 2 because it's "like a hangout map" or giving SemiRuin Forest a 1 because it has no ruins in it. I heard he was infracted for that post, so I find it utterly inconsequential that the scores still count.

By the way, on the leaderboards, why is Girder Detour listed below Egg Hall? I thought that the convention was that in a tie, the new level gets listed above the old one (i.e. Spaceport Warfare above Sunshower Canyon). Or is there just not an official policy?
Wow, you actually care about that? I don't know of any policy regarding that matter, but considering your level is both newer and comes first alphabetically, go ahead and change them around.

About that with ´like a hangout map´ I think that he didn´t notice that he can go through the door.

Oh, sorry, thought it was Older > Newer. My mistake.

EDIT: Actually, the 1.09 boards are pretty inconsistent with this. It's random.

Last edited:
D00D64's level : 9.58 ?! I never saw a so high grade.

I spotted the vote of someone who noted 3.

Last edited by SRB2PlayerFan, 2 Days Ago at 2:13 AM. Reason : I changed it. Happy now? :P
I think I missed something.
His vote was not counted because he has changed his rating ? His former grade was 0, right ? This reminds me of a discussion about the meaning of "unplayable" in I do not know what contest.

The SRB2 Next-Gen, we have seen !
It is not worth noting a very very very low wad that everyone loves, just to get noticed, and the justification is not easy. This wad needed a lot of works. It can't have a so low grade.

... just one thing, D00D64, you can use the next-gen, but be careful all the same, the sprite of "Donkey-Kraken" is a bit too "pixel", I agree with him.

About the contest in general, I'll assume everyone prefer 1-player mode ! I am with them. The gameplay is very good !
As for the multiplayer levels, I spotted some nice and original ideas.

* Fireworks to the winners ! *

Last edited:
Title acquired.

I am now content.

In all seriosity (most likely not an actual word), this was a lot of fun, and thanks to everyone who participated.

Wow, you actually care about that? I don't know of any policy regarding that matter, but considering your level is both newer and comes first alphabetically, go ahead and change them around.
Hmmm...when you say it that way it makes me sound like an arrogant douche. :(

I'll admit some degree of bias in that statement, but even disregarding my own personal stake in the matter, I think that it should be newer > older, because a newer level would tend to be slightly more relevant.

Haha, this was a good one, guys! There's nothing like a good OLDC to renew my faith in this ancient sonic fangame we've got here. I'm sad that my map finished last, but not all too surprised considering that it was just the dusty remnants of my mapping folder. Perhaps I'll make a new map in the future? I dunno.

Anyway, completely stellar contest guys!

Hmmm...when you say it that way it makes me sound like an arrogant douche. :(
To be honest, that's exactly why I said it that way ;)

I'm sad that my map finished last, but not all too surprised considering that it was just the dusty remnants of my mapping folder.
Don't be sad. In quite a few other contests, this could have secured you a victory or at least one of the top spot. You just had bad luck to enter this particular contest.

I personally think that Nuclear Sunset 2 was much better in terms of design and atmosphere, but the community really values innovation. I think that's why D00D's map won. But I bet it being hilarious helped, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back