Assigned Custom Exits in Record Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
Custom exits that skip the score tally screen will still take you to their respective exits in record attack.
The replay of a run that does this will show the player still playing in the same level after they've reached the exit (but with the same coordinates as the level they warped to).
If you warp to a regular level via a custom exit in a NiGHTS level in NiGHTS mode, the game will crash. The game will NOT crash if you do the opposite (warp to a NiGHTS level from a regular level).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet again skip tally custom exits sound like they cause some trouble =V Nice find, I'll see if I can do something about this.

Hmm...so would this mean that exits that skip the score tally would still award emblems and such in Record Attack?
Because if, for example, a level has a secret exit that isn't incredibly close to or after the level's normal exit, setting up a time attack emblem balanced for that exit instead would be the only choice...seems rather limiting, I think.

Yes, skip tally exits will now act just like normal exits, awarding emblems and everything. It's just kind of awkward to make them do otherwise to be fair.

(would be much better if you could block off those kind of non-standard exits for record attack anyway to be fair)

Yes, skip tally exits will now act just like normal exits, awarding emblems and everything. It's just kind of awkward to make them do otherwise to be fair.

What's more awkward is making a script that adds a score tally of its own, and being forced to deal with SRB2's own tally screen despite trying to skip it. In fact, this was something I was planning on doing for my own mods.

If the map or script does not want the tally screen to be displayed, it should not be displayed. No score bonuses should be given, and nothing should pop up afterward except the Record Attack menu. Emblems and such, of course, should be awarded during the fadeout. It's easy enough to make the tally screen show up just for Record Attack if you really wanted it to, so forcing it to do so when there's also benefits to it not showing up is bad form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back