[SRB2 Riders] Spring Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Chris

That one map maker.
Drive around this simple park! Don't enjoy the scenery too much.

(This is going to be one of the tracks in my future kart level pack.)

NOTE: This map uses MAPR0.
NOTE 2: More scenery will be coming soon, so hold on to your seats.

Notice from author:
If one area is cramped, I'll fix it.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 471
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 484
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    65 KB · Views: 434
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 434
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 445
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 427
  • k_springgarden.rar
    18.9 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Well, this was pretty generic. Your level here is basically a big circle, barring that bump which there is no reason to take since you can just drift through the grass. The track itself is rather uninteresting and there is virtually nothing special about it what so ever other than it's too wide for my tastes. Scenery is sparse at best and consists of lots of flower things clumped together in groups strewn about randomly in the level. And everywhere else, there is an extreme lack of decoration, just long, flat planes of grass. There's also these structures with incredibly misaligned textures which don't look nice at all.

You need to focus more on making a fun and engaging track that has plenty of unique set pieces to make it stand out. There is some vertical variation, but not enough to stick out. The track is long, might as well be flat, and has nothing of value.

Well, this was pretty generic. Your level here is basically a big circle, barring that bump which there is no reason to take since you can just drift through the grass. The track itself is rather uninteresting and there is virtually nothing special about it what so ever other than it's too wide for my tastes. Scenery is sparse at best and consists of lots of flower things clumped together in groups strewn about randomly in the level. And everywhere else, there is an extreme lack of decoration, just long, flat planes of grass. There's also these structures with incredibly misaligned textures which don't look nice at all.

You need to focus more on making a fun and engaging track that has plenty of unique set pieces to make it stand out. There is some vertical variation, but not enough to stick out. The track is long, might as well be flat, and has nothing of value.

Yeah, I know. I'll fix it in the next release. As of now, I'll leave this level alone until I can come up with something.

If this is your first map, it's a nice first effort.

However, using a green hill texture for a high block, it repeat and repeat to the floor, which isn't good, try making a solid fof above it and make what you need.

The textures didn't fit THAT much. and the map bugs because the level is too big. (Rendering fail. you should make it a little smaller)
Don't put crowd where the players can reach. because they aren't solid, so its not a good idea. try putting them in a high block.

You're good at making maps. textures don't fit too much, there is a big flat grass here, you may improve this, just putting like more scenery.

I give you 7/10 for the gameplay, 4/10 for the textures and 8/10 for the scenery. there isn't that much to say.

Edit: Forgot to say why I give you 7/10, the map is too small. making on some obstacles should make it better.

If this is your first map, it's a nice first effort.

However, using a green hill texture for a high block, it repeat and repeat to the floor, which isn't good, try making a solid fof above it and make what you need.

The textures didn't fit THAT much. and the map bugs because the level is too big. (Rendering fail. you should make it a little smaller)
Don't put crowd where the players can reach. because they aren't solid, so its not a good idea. try putting them in a high block.

You're good at making maps. textures don't fit too much, there is a big flat grass here, you may improve this, just putting like more scenery.

I give you 7/10 for the gameplay, 4/10 for the textures and 8/10 for the scenery. there isn't that much to say.

Edit: Forgot to say why I give you 7/10, the map is too small. making on some obstacles should make it better.

Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to use the GFZROCK texture next release.

EDIT:
I can resize the map to make it bigger and longer.

Last edited:
I've played this level and this level didn't Interest me. The dirt area is small and the grass area is huge! The level has to many graphical glitches. shrink the size of the grass area, that area is too flat too. Add some little hills or something.

I've played this level and this level didn't Interest me. The dirt area is small and the grass area is huge! The level has to many graphical glitches. shrink the size of the grass area, that area is too flat too. Add some little hills or something.

I'm thinking of adding more scenery, and as I said, I'm leaving the level alone until I come up with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back