GemPlanet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are you saying that it's actually much easier to download your mod now? I may have to take a look at this!

Can you post a link to download the new, much more manageable wad, please?

Gemini Spark said:
Wait, are you saying that it's actually much easier to download your mod now? I may have to take a look at this!

Can you post a link to download the new, much more manageable wad, please?

Yeah but I have to fix the level header. I also deleted a couple of levels.

Monster Iestyn said:
Despite my sympathy for GemEarthBrandon, I can't get the Mod so easily with 59Mb to download!!!

What is my computer a hyper downloader or something? I got it in less than a minute...

Well about the music, Tropolis town's music does not fit at all, please change it. Adventure mode does not work for most people, I had a nightmare trying to control Sonic with it. I liked the way you hid your emeralds, but try changing it so that we only get one try to get the emerald. I haven't played all the levels, but I would give bad reveiws beacuse of Adventure mode.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Despite my sympathy for GemEarthBrandon, I can't get the Mod so easily with 59Mb to download!!!

What is my computer a hyper downloader or something? I got it in less than a minute...

Well about the music, Tropolis town's music does not fit at all, please change it. Adventure mode does not work for most people, I had a nightmare trying to control Sonic with it. I liked the way you hid your emeralds, but try changing it so that we only get one try to get the emerald. I haven't played all the levels, but I would give bad reveiws beacuse of Adventure mode.

You speak good words Chrome(I like that). You were thinking the same thing as me.
Yeah, mines downloaded less than a minute too. I also change the adventure mode back to coop=4096. I had problems controlling sonic too, especially knuckles. I was also thinking about giving one chance to get the emerald like in srb2 and in the regular sonic games(linedef executor, trigger once) but the reason I did trigger repeatedly because it was a demo. All demos have changes though.

Is there a way to lightdash and homing without adventure mode and typing it in the console?

I deleted all the music for a while until I find a solution but right now when I re-upload another versiion, the levels will play no music(tunes = 0)

I am now working on the boss levels. X-Doom is where you play a short mode of all the levels in a thunderstorm crisis and fight the final boss(I'll make sure it will be challenging.

There will be a few changes in Botanical Island becuase the end of the level seem to have a little lag.

I probaly will change Ocean Temple name since it been used already.

Im also trying to working on 2D and 3D gameplay on Funfair Mania Zone.(I wanted that to be similar to Carnival Night Zone)

I will be making my own special stages using the sky images the same as the level zone.

Notice if you seen a cave sky image, that happens to be Deep Sea Zone sky image.

The zones will have different levels.(Using different textures on different acts and inside the level and outside the level)

Since im powerless in making city levels(Eventually you will see a great one)Triopolis Town Zone will view the city inside a factory and act 2 and 3 you will be outside the city.

Ocean Temple will be similar to Deep Sea Zone except it wont use all the textures in one level.(Act 1 will use the cave/rocks and act will use the ruins and will have underwater scenery.

(About the seizures): people were saying that they almost caught seizures playing Cybertrix City, so im gonna decrease the speed of the wall scrolling.

Exosphere Spaceway will have a few changes( I thought it was far too easy as well to be close to a final stage)such as using full skills to get across platforms and timing your movement with falling lasers.

Most levels will have 2 way paths instead of single paths on all of them.

Tails speed will also be increased as well.

And there will be a final stage(extra stage) if you collected all chaos emeralds.

Later on, 26 new screenshots will be posted up to see what GemPlanet will really look like.

Thats all I have to say for now. If you interested with this wad, please wish me good luck.

This was pretty good. I got the emeralds, and I thought the Super Super sonic music was good. The levels are well made, if not a bit confusing and simple at times. I think I saw a black emerald in there...but I missed it....ah well, these are great levels

9/10. Keep it up!

Tailikku said:
This was pretty good. I got the emeralds, and I thought the Super Super sonic music was good. The levels are well made, if not a bit confusing and simple at times. I think I saw a black emerald in there...but I missed it....ah well, these are great levels

9/10. Keep it up!

Wait! Did you get all 7? Maybe I need to do more hiding spots.

No, the hiding is not the problem, its the area where you get the emerald thats the problem, all of them are way too easy.

GemEarthBrandon said:
Tailikku said:

9/10. Keep it up!

Yes. Yes I did. It was easy getting the emerald, but I did have some trouble finding the warps

Tailikku said:
GemEarthBrandon said:
Tailikku said:

9/10. Keep it up!

Yes. Yes I did. It was easy getting the emerald, but I did have some trouble finding the warps

Hmm, did you use Tails, I really thought the bouncy clouds would been the most challenging with Sonic.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I think you might live in the same place that a hub of sendspace is hosted.

Tailikku said:
I used Sonic. It was really fun with Sonic

Hmm maybe I should upgrade the challenge. I could had thought I get you guys with the 6th one but I didn't want to seperate the clouds far out so that it could be impossible to reach to the next one.

I just randomly did the one for Cybertrix City since I had nothing in mind, hopefully I get you guys with with better challenges.

I only need help with one thing. I need to know how to make a final/extra zone level beginning with super sonic(50 rings). Any ideas?

GemEarthBrandon said:
I only need help with one thing. I need to know how to make a final/extra zone level beginning with super sonic(50 rings). Any ideas?

The Super Transformation sector does that I think.

I loved your mod, it was so fun.

I especially liked how to get the chaos emerald.

My favorite one was with the laptop, you had to press a black button to make the screen go white, then jump into it.

I liked how the second stage looked like an actual town, the music went great with it too.

The music overall was great.

Great job, this is an awesome wad.

(9/10)

Chaos Knuckles said:
I loved your mod, it was so fun.

I especially liked how to get the chaos emerald.

My favorite one was with the laptop, you had to press a black button to make the screen go white, then jump into it.

I liked how the second stage looked like an actual town, the music went great with it too.

The music overall was great.

Great job, this is an awesome wad.

(9/10)

Thank you so much, im actually happy I made and released it but I will be happier when I release the final version with 30 levels of fun.

You probaly liked triopolis town(the city level) but I am gonna re-design that so hopefully you will like the better version of that level.

SonicTheDalek said:
You need either an audio converter or a program which can do this. I suggest Audacity, as it's free to download and it's one of the things I usually use for music conversion.
i converted a song using audacity and it made the file bigger! so how exactly should a person convert the music so the wad size is smaller?

Chaos Knuckles said:
OGG has a much lower file-size but less quality.

That's about it, I think.

...No, it depends on the quality settings. If you have a mp3 and a ogg of roughly the same quality the ogg will be smaller in size. If you convert mp3 to ogg, then the quality will obviously be worse, because its losses quality of something that already lost quality to begin with.

Also midi music will give you the least space used up. It may be hard to get or make quality midis that fit your levels, but the space it saves is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back