Inazuma the Hedgehog [Updated: 10/5/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thok would NOT work with this character at all; specially balanced wise. Also hope you fixed those stats I mentioned before. :x

Updated~
-The walking frames had been updated so that it no longer bounces.
-The sound for the skating soc has been separated from the chat sound.
-Fixed issues relating to character stat balancing.

"Fixed balancing issues"? Inazuma was fine the way he was. Only thing that really needed to be fixed is the spindash issues when you're underwater, the screen flashes white rapidly that'll just hurt your eyes. Inazuma's speed and acceleration was okay too. The new updated version of it itself might be fine too.

When I think about it; apart from keeping any momentum upon falling in any water area and spindashing through bustable blocks underwater, there's no real time where someone should be encouraged to use his spindash underwater, considering that even his charged spindash won't get you anywhere far and it won't attract any rings underwater either.

Anyway, if this is something you are unable to fix, then fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
When I think about it; apart from keeping any momentum upon falling in any water area and spindashing through bustable blocks underwater, there's no real time where someone should be encouraged to use his spindash underwater, considering that even his charged spindash won't get you anywhere far and it won't attract any rings underwater either.

Anyway, if this is something you are unable to fix, then fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, the only thing about the spin that concerns me is the flashing white screen, which I have no idea how to fix. The "not working in water" is actually suppose to be there. I wanted the ground and water play styles to be different.

Ground = Running at high speeds and on occasions, protecting oneself from incoming damage
Water = Going through various obstacles and swimming past enemy attacks.

Actually, the only thing about the spin that concerns me is the flashing white screen, which I have no idea how to fix. The "not working in water" is actually suppose to be there.
Either you soc another way that the rings can be drawn towards the player without having to spawn a ringshield (this sounds impossible) or you edit the source code: you stop the screen from flashing white when you hit the water.
Either way will be challenging.

Actually, the only thing about the spin that concerns me is the flashing white screen, which I have no idea how to fix. The "not working in water" is actually suppose to be there.

Oh, that I know. I should've made it clear that I'm fine with it being like that really, since there's only around 1 or 2 instances that I can recall within the vanilla maps that actually require you to spindash underwater.
I wanted the ground and water play styles to be different.

Ground = Running at high speeds and on occasions, protecting oneself from incoming damage
Water = Going through various obstacles and swimming past enemy attacks.
Glad to see ya taking the style of play into consideration. Now all you need is a level that truly caters towards this character.

Update~
-Fixed the flashing white screen issue when spinning in water. Thanks sryder13!
-Fixed the Life icon so it doesn't look out of place compared to Sonic's/Tails'/Knuckles'.

Update~ (and probably the last one until 2.1)
-Fixed the weird jumping animations so that it doesn't bounce around when you jump.
-Improved the Spin ability (Thanks 742mph!)
-Added voices for those who like to taunt.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist!
inazuma_zps53d99ff1.png

This character is definitely different from the usually, I just though I would mention in addition to the flashing white screen bug there is also another that can be caused by spin dashing into low bodies of water of near the same height such the one in act 2 in the image below. Basically, this bug allows for the player to keep the ring shield after the spin dash ends.

Do this...
attachment.php

...to get this.
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 2,326
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,277
Last edited:
You can download the file from the attachments. Where it says "Download now".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back