We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I really doubt someone who's barely a year old in the forums actually got an image from someone currently working on the netcode.

So yeah, Pics or I call that statement Fake.

Actually, I got the image from a guy who got it from someone else who got it from... I dunno, srb2fun maybe? I can't find the image again, so I'm pretty sure if I describe it, a dev could confirm it.

The image showed a tails player carrying a knuckles player in the new thz1,
JTE saying "cows" in the chat.

srb20036.png

Probably from the few revisions where this was a thing. It's not a thing anymore.

Shouldn't it be "pompous?" Aside from that, the idea of Knuckles & Tails sounds really awesome, but shouldn't the duo have their own picture rather than simply Knuckles'?

EDIT: "Probably from the few revisions where this was a thing. It's not a thing anymore."

Oh... whoops. To make this post less pointless, I have a question. Since Lua apparently can't create HUD items, can it completely replace existing ones?

Last edited:
Actually, I got the image from a guy who got it from someone else who got it from... I dunno, srb2fun maybe? I can't find the image

Well if you lost it, can't you just ask your friend for another copy or something? That's what I would do honestly... :/ Plus if they were even close from finishing the netcode wouldn't Mystic or someone like that make a statement saying so?

In general, I'm starting to not believe you. I don't know about how the others feel about this but you have raised my hopes for 2.1 releasing and then lowered them just because of this lie which makes me angry. Like I said before, if you really had a picture that you got from a friend who got it from someone else wouldn't the logical thing to do is ask that person if he/she still has a copy before you post something like this? Anyone would do that!

Last edited:
犬夜叉;734841 said:
net1.png
Jeez, you guys.

So... If the net code is finished, or fixed at least. Are you guys just going to polish all the modifications, or do you still have stuff planned for 2.1?

Just because there is one screenshot of tails carrying knuckles in some 2.1 build does not mean the current netcode of 2.1 is completely fixed yet. IIRC the problem (or possibly one of the problems) with the netcode is that it frequently c-kicks people at semi random times. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
You guys do realize 2.1 info and spoilers are launched around like rain drops in the IRC everyday, right...?
either it's fixed, or 2.0.6 is being used for testing.
Please stop.

Last edited:
You guys do realize 2.1 info and spoilers are launched around like rain drops in the IRC everyday, right...?

Please stop.

Not everyone goes on the IRC. I don't. That is the only reason we are here.
To get information. If we didn't get any information here,
Then why would we even be here? Also, why ask us to stop? You are not forced to come here. We are just here to ask questions and get answers. If the moderators see the thread becomes to circular, then they might lock it.
Just like 2.1 tibits. I honestly don't have a problem with a thread becoming circular, but I am not everyone. I can't decide for you. But everybody can't have the same resources. I am not trying to be a jerk,
I am just saying my opinion. I hope you understand. :D

Not only did I not say this topic was useless (really pointing out that a 2.1 pic of tails carrying knuckles isn't really as much of a big deal as it was cracked up to be earlier in the thread), you took the "Please stop" completely out of context.

Not only did I not say this topic was useless (really pointing out that a 2.1 pic of tails carrying knuckles isn't really as much of a big deal as it was cracked up to be earlier in the thread), you took the "Please stop" completely out of context.

Then what did you mean? Also, people are begging for any 2.1
News. I agree with you. Tails carrying Knuckles is not THAT interesting, but it shows some sort of improvement.

Not really, when theres been other screenshots of 3 people a test server in modified games. That shows much more improvement considering they couldn't get three working before without the game shifting its pants. And even then, its a still image, and likely still broken.

Edit: actually, the real news was when new grenade ring behaviors were talked about. The fact that they can now hold test games as long as several matches to do this is a huge leap.

Last edited:
Not everyone goes on the IRC. I don't. That is the only reason we are here.
To get information. If we didn't get any information here,
Then why would we even be here? Also, why ask us to stop? You are not forced to come here. We are just here to ask questions and get answers. If the moderators see the thread becomes to circular, then they might lock it.
Just like 2.1 tibits. I honestly don't have a problem with a thread becoming circular, but I am not everyone. I can't decide for you. But everybody can't have the same resources. I am not trying to be a jerk,
I am just saying my opinion. I hope you understand. :D

But the info given on IRC is almost always put on the Version 2.1 page on the wiki. If you want information, that is the place to look.

Speculation is fine, but at this point wild theories about a development process that you guys are completely unaware of is all that's happening. And that "information" is spread a lot further than this topic.

So, unless you have some sort of concrete evidence to back up your claims of what's going on, please, stop spreading or starting wild rumors. It doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back