Thokker - Let's play "Kick the Crawla"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Cove IS Pokemon Soccer, but nobody on the devteam wanted a dead Pikachu head ball. Meanwhile I like your Zim map concept but I don't really know anything about Zim. Maybe if AJ ever wants to get back into mapping..?
I'm sure other people on your dev team do. If not, just reference the 1.09.4 map and use some of the textures from it, or revamp them.

Another amazing idea from my brilliance: A Sweetbro and Helljeff map where you have to take The Big Mans game away and score the ball in the hoop.

Last edited:
I don't believe that you're posting these non-stop ideas and not expecting someone to go make it for you.

And please do! A Thokker map takes maybe two hours to make, at least for a first draft.

I think I will. Zone Builder looks fairly user friendly compared to the original Doom Builder, which I would never even bother with.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I just wanted to mention, I think how Knuckles can stun players by gliding into them is an interesting mechanic. This would actually be cool to see worked into vanilla Match/CTF to make Knuckles capable of defending himself better against Sonic players.

Alright, since there are no servers up, I haven't been able to test the actual gametype out, but from what I've seen (videos and just playing some maps with slopes in them), this looks really awesome!

I do have one thing I need to ask, and I hate that I even have to ask, but could you please include a DirectDraw build in the zip file? For some reason, SDL2 does not like my sound card or driver or whatever. It's such a shame because SDL2 seems to run really nicely, but the sound when using it doesn't work at all, it's choppy, laggy, and just not fun to use for this reason.

I do have one thing I need to ask, and I hate that I even have to ask, but could you please include a DirectDraw build in the zip file? For some reason, SDL2 does not like my sound card or driver or whatever. It's such a shame because SDL2 seems to run really nicely, but the sound when using it doesn't work at all, it's choppy, laggy, and just not fun to use for this reason.
I'm having similar problems, and it also lag-spikes quite often for me as well. It'd be good to keep that option for people that have issues with SDL2. Sorry Red.

I found... something out... if I warp to a map when loading the game up, it fixes the sound issues SOMEHOW (but only sometimes...?), I'm not sure if this is more of a bug then just an issue with my sound card since this is the case.

Last edited:
Here's an odd question:

What's "cpuaffinity" set to?

And then after you check that, set it to -1 and check again.

犬夜叉;776064 said:
Here's an odd question:

What's "cpuaffinity" set to?

And then after you check that, set it to -1 and check again.

It was set to 1, I've set it to -1 now and it works fine, I don't recall messing with the variable at all, in fact I haven't touched SDL2 since the release of 2.1 so there shouldn't have been any reason as to why it was set otherwise. Thank you though.

Review:

Great new alternative to Capture the Flag. Plus it's way more competitive and fun. Things to critique about, the lag

I hope you're all happy with your shiny new slopes exe. I sure am.

I was really lucky to find a server started using this yesterday, and it was Pretty fun, Really nice idea .

Cool, it's finally released! Too bad it only includes the SDL2 build, since I do have some problems with it, like, when I'm turning around slowly, it's all fine, but when I turn around fast, then I turn around more than I do in DirectDraw. So, when I'd normally expect to turn by 180 degrees, I turn ~225. (I use the mouse)
So I suppose you should either fix that problem, or include the DirectDraw build...

-Request for Direct-Draw version-
Here you go, a neat Zip with srb2balldd.exe and r_opengl.dll: [LINK] Disclaimer: I didn't test it. Maybe direct-draw was left out on purpose because slopes might not render? Note that the Zip will be removed from the site in 48-ish hours.
Make sure to click the cyan-blue download button beneath the "uploaded on, accessible until, downloads [number]" info, not one of the ads. (If you have adblock, don't worry about the ads.) My usual ad-free file-sharing service is being finnicky, so I couldn't upload it there.

Also, I compiled it off from the "exact commit SHA" in the opening post, so it should be fully netgame compatible and stuff with the SDL2 build (I think), but you'll still need the files in the Zip from the opening post of this thread.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it'd be cool if there was some visual representation of Tails's "gust of wind". Like, just something simple to give the player a better idea of the general range it covers. Of course I realize that playing the game extensively would help with adjusting to an extent, but I feel like being able to physically see the area of effect in some shape or form would be helpful too.

Also, the guys in my server came across a glitch with the ball getting stuck in the ground on Treasure Town. Not sure on the exact details, but it has to do with some interaction with the fence and the ball(and possibly the player too?)

That being said, this mod is a barrel of fun man! Props to you and everyone who contributed. Hmm, maybe I'll make some maps as well. Could be fun! =3

Last edited:
I think the ball needs to be bigger. Due to the high pace this game has, hitting it is next to impossible a lot of the time.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back