• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titlemaps?
In SRB2?
That is beautiful.

But how does it work, the camera is fixated on a point and rotates or you get to give it a path?

It's only hard-coded to rotate right now
In the end you might just have use to Lua to move it

It's only hard-coded to rotate right now
In the end you might just have use to Lua to move it
What I could suggest if SRB2 is capable of it, is to have a map specifically made for the title map function like MAPTTL or something of that type, and use the maincfg block to give the option of whether to use a specific map besides the title map's default map. That way, people can have the option to either make a title map with a custom skybox for it, or have a specific area in their own map to use as a good titilemap spot.

What I could suggest if SRB2 is capable of it, is to have a map specifically made for the title map function like MAPTTL or something of that type, and use the maincfg block to give the option of whether to use a specific map besides the title map's default map. That way, people can have the option to either make a title map with a custom skybox for it, or have a specific area in their own map to use as a good titilemap spot.

I think you kind of just described how it already works?

Would it be possible for there to be 3 base variants of the Title Map camera? Rotate Left, Rotate right, and No rotation

What'd really be dope on a rope is if we could do flythroughs by playing back demos, using the player as the camera object in first person with the bobbing and sound effects disabled.

Spotting SRB2PlusC in releases immediately brought me out of the well of sheer disappointment the SXSW Sonic panel threw me in. So excited to finally see your stuff trickling out into the wild!

Would it be possible for there to be 3 base variants of the Title Map camera? Rotate Left, Rotate right, and No rotation
The titlescrollspeed variable is repurposed as a per-tic rotation delta when a title map is being used, so that's configurable ez

Incredible! Really loving the title screen effect. I'm with Ritz in that pre-defined fly-throughs (examples: UE4 and SMG2) would be an awesome feature. Also, would it be possible for the camera to rotate from a distance like this?

Incredible! Really loving the title screen effect. I'm with Ritz in that pre-defined fly-throughs (examples: UE4 and SMG2) would be an awesome feature. Also, would it be possible for the camera to rotate from a distance like this?

You can do any sort of camera stuff like that with Lua when it's figured out , but behaviors like that or fly-throughs won't be pre-defined

About TIME you started releasing some of your stuff! I've seen your content, and I WANT IT ALL. I'm EXTREMELY happy your finally no longer keeping these to yourself, and actually allowing them for use. I need help with the fade effect though. IDK how to use the Sonic head instead of the regular, so can you help? I'm looking forward to future content from you! I hope people can use this in future levels and stuff!

About TIME you started releasing some of your stuff! I've seen your content, and I WANT IT ALL. I'm EXTREMELY happy your finally no longer keeping these to yourself, and actually allowing them for use.

Most things I keep end up not being suitable for release in the end- just thought I'd clarify that

I need help with the fade effect though. IDK how to use the Sonic head instead of the regular, so can you help?

You need to take the FADE lump number and use it with the mapheader option (eg. FADE5600 -> levelwipe = 56)

Yesss! Can you have like segments of many levels in one titlemap? IK it may maybe too much to ask but its worth a shot asking if its possible.

Well something's got to prevent the camera from going into walls right? Either way, this is pretty great stuff! Can't wait to see more soon!

Are you actually. Hotswapping maps with a seamless transition. Is that what I'm seeing here.

EDIT: Does it carry over object states other than the player's? If you're fighting a boss, will it show up in the same position in the same attack phase with the same hitpoints? Not that it has to, this is amazing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back