Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonic260 said:
What about backseat moderation? i thought it helps moderators and administrators to keep control?

Your disrespecting them by doing that, it makes them look like they don't know how to do thier job. Seriously, guys, give them some respect. =/

Chrome the hedgehog said:
sonic260 said:
What about backseat moderation? i thought it helps moderators and administrators to keep control?

Your disrespecting them by doing that, it makes them look like they don't know how to do thier job. Seriously, guys, give them some respect. =/
They do, but this simply isn't enough. This is not any disrespect, but they are just users on steroids with common sense.

Sonic Shadow said:
Chrome the hedgehog said:
sonic260 said:

They do, but this simply isn't enough. This is not any disrespect, but they are just users on steroids with common sense.
I think the admins would prefer it if you sent them a link to the topic describing what the problem is rather that pretent to be a admin and do what they do *excluding banning*

Here is the thing with this. If you said to a person enjoy your ban or something like that, does that help the topic in any way? It doesn't. And since you don't have any power, saying things like that doesn't do anything other than increase your post count. And what if many people said what you said? Nobody wants to work through that garbage which is why we discourage it and ban people for it. It adds extra clutter to the forum which we do not want. Sending a PM about the post to a mod or an admin is fine.

Well, maybe that would be a good idea, if you make report spamming a bannable offence...

Modification that won't be added as there is no point, it'll just be spammed...

No, they probably modded the software to have the feature. Basic PHPBB2 has approximately 2 features. It's not particularly powerful software.

Yea i think that if this did get put in the forums it would help admins find stuff easier without the back seat moderation but it will more than likely be spammed the hell out of *gets mouse ready*

Silent_Snipe said:
Yea i think that if this did get put in the forums it would help admins find stuff easier without the back seat moderation but it will more than likely be spammed the hell out of *gets mouse ready*

Code:
$lastcount = time() - (60*5);
if($user[can_report] == 1 && $user[last_report] < $lastcount) {
echo("[url="/forum/f$for[fid]/t$top[tid]/report/$post[pid]/\"][imageforreport][/url]");
} else {
echo("[imagefornoreport]");
}

Yes, I know only a very small percentage of people will understand any of that, but still... In brief it puts a 5 minute limit on reports and checks to make sure the user can actually make post reports, if both conditions are satisfied it shows the report image with a link, if not it displays the post report disabled icon... :)

Oh, and yeah, there probably will be errors, PHPBB took out some of my escape characters for security reasons. -_-"

Autosaver said:
Why would you think about spamming it. >_>
Its just a joke, i actualy will find this useful if they did make this function available on the website. and yes also make a rule about spamming the service if you decide to put this function in of course.

What this have to do with the topic? Also if this is prohibited, the administration here is officially dumb.

...Owait. I have on suggestion: What about making a spam/crap/whatever forum here? It should keep the rest of the forum clean.
And no, no complaining about waste of space, sice forums usually have almost infinite space to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back