I͏ ̡H̡aVE͟ tH̀e ŞUP҉E̸RVIR҉U̡S

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
A new custom gametype inspired by hot potato games. Made on a whim in twenty minutes. Played in Match mode (despite acting a lot like Tag, lmao). One player gets super and has to pass it onto other players by touching them. Super players can't touch rings, but they get a neat player tracking HUD to help them find targets. Lose all your rings and DIE.

(Power stones still spawning isn't a glitch; see if you can get two super players going at once!)

Thanks HellHawk-X, Sryder13 and others for joining the test netgames! Reuses code from Terminal and Tronrings (it's my code anyway so lmao).

Attachments

• srb20425.gif
    srb20425.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 2,386
  • supervirus.lua
    4.5 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:
Now we just need spastic red screen effects and the PS:O music, and we'll have Supervirus 2.1.

Minor tweaking update:

• Nukes and invincibility can hurt other players now. I liked being able to hurt other players for points while not super so I wanted to fix those not working.
  • Players now lose their shield if the supervirus is passed to them. This should give elemental shields a slightly shorter lifetime and make them a tad less OP.
  • Boosted point gain rate just a tad (50 points now takes 42 seconds to get instead of 50 seconds), to slightly reduce the benefit gotten from hitting other players and the drawback from dying. I like those mechanics, but they tended to be slightly too influential in the extended test I had today.
Might go for fancier changes in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back