XSRB2 vX-010 - Updated 7.17.11 7:11PM EDT (xsrb2-010.zip/xmus.dta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kysarin said:
Can you get Gold mode working online? I like Golf mode and I'd like to play it with other people.
Adding on to this
Not only online but also in 2 player mode

Wait.....where is the new special stage?
You'll see them when I have the time to finish all seven. I don't feel like only giving out one or two of them at the time.

But someone would have to bind the screenshot command to F8 if somehow it wasn't their default key
F8 is hardcoded to take a screenshot. No changing it, or any of the other function keys for that matter.

Can you get Gold mode working online? I like Golf mode and I'd like to play it with other people.
Adding on to this
Not only online but also in 2 player mode
The problem with this stems with things like Holes 8 and 9; in the former you'll have one poor sap who has to hit the button while everyone else gets easy HIOs. In the second case you'll have a lot of poor saps who didn't get a whirlwind shield in time and are now stuck with no plausible way to finish.

Does Xsrb2 support OGL ?
I have a few things I need to touch up with regards to OpenGL before I'll be willing to include it in official builds.

The golf problem could be fixed by making everyone a spectator except for player 1, then when he/she gets in the hole, teh stage is reloaded with player 2 now being the player. Repeat until the maximum amount of players is done then move to the next stage.

Just make all shields re spawn after a few seconds. Also, for number 8, each player could have their x/y position and the current state of the level saved.

Not too sure about this because I don't code.

Wow, this is pretty cool. You introduced some awesome game concepts in the EXE, with my personal favorite being the Golf Mode. The tunes are also tight and the save system is also very nice. I can't wait to see what future builds would hold.

21mcjdh.jpg

I'm just glad prtscr was nice enough to show up bright colors. Haven't played srb2 in so long that I forgot about that.

xsrb0000.png

I suck at Sonic Golf. :3

I am better than all of you.
xsrb0001.png

I enjoyed the Golf mode. It was a unique experience which usually isn't done in SRB2, and you did it nicely. Good course design, though the lack of multiplayer is a bummer.
For whatever reason none of the custom music played (I had all the files added) so I can't comment on that.
The tropical level (whatever its name was) felt too basic, even for the first level. It felt pretty empty most of the time. I liked the waterfall secret, though; it was pretty clever.
Factory Farce Zone is still a fun level. I like the good use of the "bouncing floor" done in Wacky Workbench Zone, and the level has a fairly good amount of things to explore despite not being very big.
I liked the idea you used for the boss fight (where you use the floor to get up), but I disliked how it's still pretty slow-paced and that the sequence where every turret shoots in a sweeping motion was a bit overly difficult to dodge (there wasn't a very logical pattern).

Other than those little problems, I like this mod.

Well, wow, if you've given this the stamp of approval, Kyasarin, we know that this mod is a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back