Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus8088

Overly sleepy
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Zone Builder: v2.6

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\Documents' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.IO.FileInfo.OpenRead()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Launcher.FilesAreEqual(FileInfo first, FileInfo second)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Launcher.ConvertParameters(String parameters, Int32 skill, String skin, Int32 gametype, Boolean shortpaths)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.ConfigForm.CreateParametersExample()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.ConfigForm.shortpaths_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_Checked(Boolean value)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.ConfigForm.cbEngineSelector_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.ConfigForm.listconfigs_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Summary: was importing textures into the program via a location (Documents since that's where my texture was located in) , worked fine at first, then for some reason when testing the level, the textures were red but in the 3D visual mode, were perfectly rendering?

then i tried taking a screenshot and posting it on the fourms when suddenly, it crashed right after i clicked on the screenshot button, then i opened a new file, imported the texture, it didn't show up so i went back to game configuration, but as soon as i clicked on it, i got this crash report you're seeing posted above

Please explain how and what do I do to import my texture.

Handcrafted texture:
PtT9qzt.png

Last edited:
Convert it to Doom flat or gfx (paletted) depending on how you want to use it, gfx for walls and flat for floor and ceiling, a crash usually happens when a texture format isn't recognized, make sure to choose SRB2 Palette when you're about to convert it, and place it between TX_START & TX_END Markers if it's a wall texture, or between F_START and F_END Markers if it's a Floor/Ceiling texture.

I think he was talking about importing textures directly from a location on his computer, rather than in an actual WAD file.

Anyhow, is this crash reproducable? Do you get it every time you try to import textures into Zone Builder that way?

I think he was talking about importing textures directly from a location on his computer, rather than in an actual WAD file.

Anyhow, is this crash reproducable? Do you get it every time you try to import textures into Zone Builder that way?

Seems so
any ideas?

Try importing your textures into a WAD file, and do what Romio was suggesting to put it in the right graphics format for SRB2 (since it would crash the game as PNG/bmp/etc). Dunno if the format actually matters for Zone Builder, though being in a WAD file is the only way SRB2 itself will recognise it as a texture.

Try importing your textures into a WAD file, and do what Romio was suggesting to put it in the right graphics format for SRB2 (since it would crash the game as PNG/bmp/etc). Dunno if the format actually matters for Zone Builder, though being in a WAD file is the only way SRB2 itself will recognise it as a texture.

I see, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back