Super Bomberman Blast... 2! (EXE) v1.50.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be Super Bombs like in Bomberman 64? Also, maybe make the HUD like in Bomberman where everyone's picture (of their character) is at the top and when they die a giant X goes through their picture.

mariosonic said:
Will there be Super Bombs like in Bomberman 64? Also, maybe make the HUD like in Bomberman where everyone's picture (of their character) is at the top and when they die a giant X goes through their picture.

There will be no superbombs, but you'll be able to hold bombs.

As for the HUD, I plan to make that eventually.
It's going to be a little annoying seeing as I don't really know how to make the HUDs. Maybe I can look off the DMSC or LOZ huds. :P

EDIT: Speaking of which, if you're wanting the next release of this mod, The next release will be whenever I can get these bustable blocks to spawn items.

Crüsäder said:
Simple, put an item inside it and make it intangible from below.

Then people will know where a certain is every time they play the level.
I want it to be randomized.

Since it's an EXE, you could tell it to randomly select the difficulty, then set the items with the difficulty flags. Sure, it's not random, but it's better than nothing.

BlueZero4 said:
Since it's an EXE, you could tell it to randomly select the difficulty, then set the items with the difficulty flags. Sure, it's not random, but it's better than nothing.

No, that's not what I had in mind. I ment the blocks, when shattered, spawn a random item.

Not based on difficulty.

Hey Flame, could I make some maps for this? Here is something I whipped up quickly, a port of Grassy Field from Bomberman 64.

Edit#1 And here is another I whipped up quickly right after, Blizzard Battle, the secret multiplayer level from Bomberman 64. It might be hard too see because of all the white though. Lets just say it is as big as Grassy Field. :wink:

I made it, but I'm not sure where to put the bustable blocks....

Let's just have Flame make them.

Screenshots!:

srb20002-1.png

Lava temple. (It glows.)

Ok, It's completely done now, of my skills anyway.

Note: You CAN fall in the lava, so don't jump off.
....________
....|=======\
....|-Checklist--\
....|__________\
....||
....||
.._||_
/____\

-Make side pillars translucent... CHECK

-Add FOFs above lava without holes in the lava... CHECK

-Make lava lower... CHECK

-Add Spin Bust Blocks... NOT CHECK

-Fix camera view for SBB2... NOT CHECK

Need help with Spin Bust Blocks.

Need Flame_The_Hedgehog for camera angle.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot of updates:

srb20004-1.png

I find this very interesting, but the lack of powerups or anything makes it slightly boring, but it's still very good considering it being an exe mod.

One problem I noticed, was your music is just a very large file that loops over and over, and when the file is done, you have one of the worst loops I've ever heard.

Send me the music file, and I can make it play the intro, and yet loop smoothly.

Segmint said:
I find this very interesting, but the lack of powerups or anything makes it slightly boring, but it's still very good considering it being an exe mod.

I have developed powerups already for the mod, except there has been no progress on making them spawn from bustable blocks, I plan to do this though, I still have to get that done before the next release.

Flame, send me the music file, so I can make it loop properly.

It will decrease the size of the file, and sound better.

Alright, great news everyone.

Bustable blocks can now spawn items, and it's random too!

All I need to find is some "Item up" SFX from bomberman 64 and then I can release this.
The only problem is that I'm having trouble finding some sounds, If anyone can provide me with a link, that would be great.

Ahh, Now all you need to do Is make the Bustable blocks random for every match.

You also have to make the bom/bs hurt others and you.

...It is if you edit the source code, which is what flame did.

How do you think he made I possible to move on the Y axis in 2d mode?

He could make spaces that COULD have blocks in them, and set the limit for blocks that could be in the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back