View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011   #16
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Greenflower Sunset Zone - 6/10
Your map is pretty solidly built. Nothing really stuck out as terrible, but nothing really stuck as as spectacular either. It's a pretty generic GFZ-clone. Though, parts of the level look so similar that I questioned whether I was going backwards at one point.

Flower Cave Zone - 2/10
Holy slowed down green hill theme batman, an emerald hunt level! So, what is there to say about this level. Well for one, it's pretty uninteresting. You're in a very dull looking room with some platforms scattered around looking for emeralds. One of which was placed on the ceiling and probably impossible to get as Sonic. In the future, try to use better texture choices. The fact that almost everything is the same color makes it look incredibly bland.

Sparkling Icecap - 6/10
details later

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 - 8/10
details later

Stronghold Forest Zone Act 1 - 6/10
details later

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 - 3/10
okay so we've got an okay looking level so far. go left at the second split and suddenly we're in RVZ. okay that's fine I guess we're chugging along and.... that's the end. 30 seconds in. I load again to take the other path. it's much shorter and lasts 17 seconds. okay, I know this looks like it's going to be a first level thing, but still, you need to make your level longer. also, the exit seems kinda thrown in there like you couldn't figure out where else to put it.

Last edited by Simsmagic; 07-01-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: stufffff