View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011   #3
Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbop800 View Post
First post just cause I can.

Gonna play the singleplayer maps now. :3
You beat me. :<

Anyways there are a lot of Single Player maps this time. I sure do hope they're not horrible.

Now for the voting.

Single Player:

Greenflower Sunset Zone by Fawfulfan - Very interesting level. For some reason I found it a bit too cramped. I didn't get lost though and I felt that the level progressed smoothly. I did find the level very enjoyable, I do however think it wasn't as good as some of your other maps in Tortured Planet.
Rating: 7/10

Flower Cave Zone by Miles Knuckle Power - Um what is this? This level is just a giant room with custom enemies, that I found weren't even needed, a giant waterfall, a tree that is apparently underground, with other things that I found were too bland. Not only that, but it's an Emerald Hunt level which really doesn't fit in my opinion. I highly suggest you work on it some more.
Rating: 2/10

Sparkling Icecap by Thompson - This level really impressed me. I loved the start and the way it progressed, however I found that as I kept going the map lagged. I got lost in some parts of it too and in some rooms it was a bit unclear on what to do to progress. Still I really enjoyed it.
Rating: 8/10

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 by Blade - This map, is quite possibly the best map in the Single Player division in my opinion. As I played it I enjoyed every bit of it. I enjoyed it so much I played it over 30 times before I finally got bored. Blade you did a magnificent job on this. I hope you continue by making an act 2.
Rating: 10/10

Stronghold Forest Zone Act 1 by KO.T.E - I think other people already said this, but this map is better than your other Stronghold Forest Act 1. I found it very enjoyable. Too bad I kept getting rammed by the Camo Crawlas. I still liked it though.

White Mountain Zone by Kuba11 - Well I see this one was disqualified. What a shame since it actually had some potential. I'll still give you a good review. Your map to me seemed too cramped. Maybe you should try to avoid this in future Single Player maps. Another thing I didn't like was that there were no enemies. I know maps don't need enemies to be good, but I feel if you added some it would've been better.
Rating: No Rating(Disqualified)

Waterway Ruin Zone Act 1 by Chrome - Of all the maps that had to be disqualified, why did it have to be this one? This was a map I really enjoyed and I would've given you a 9/10 if it were still in. I loved the way you had to follow the torches to proceed and not fall and I also loved the music(nice music choice, it really fit the theme). If you make a Waterway Ruin Act 2, make sure it doesn't get disqualified like this one.

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 by blahblahbal - What is this I don't even? Lava in a themed level like this one? That doesn't even make sense to me. I also found it to be too flat. Still you did have a few things that were decent, but the thing I really didn't like about this one was what I mentioned above.
Rating: 3/10

Match:

Ponies Suck Zone by Fawfulfan - Indeed they do, but in all seriousness I enjoyed this map. It was simple and not complicated(and I loved the spamfest).

Flux Satellite Zone by 742mph - Oh no what happened to the gravity. The gravity gimmick you used was very annoying and I often got lost. When I was outside I'd get railed by someone and wouldn't be able to get back which annoyed the hell out of me.
Rating: 3/10

Southern Sands Zone by akb778 - HOM how annoying. The level seemed very simple to me and it was pretty fun too. I found it to be a bit too empty in some places, but it's still a decent map to play on.
Rating: 5/10

Aries City Zone by EternallyAries Red X - Ahhh Aries you forgot to change the header!

Frozen Tundra Zone by Chaos Zero 64 - Is it just me or does this level lack rings? Simple layout, but quite frankly I didn't like it. I still loved the bounce spam. <:

Capture the Flag:

Majestic Grove Zone by Scizor300 - My god this is a giant CTF map and it doesn't lag like mine(lol). I really had fun playing/exploring this map. I also really liked the detail. Great map, great job.

Mystical Heights Zone by Metal Fighter - Oh hi there. Reading some of the other posts I think many people didn't like the colormap I added. Oh well. In all honesty I focused to much on how the level looked than how it played. I'll be sure to keep this in mind as I continue to make maps. Also I didn't notice that some parts in the death pit didn't work. Probably under the wood bridges since those were the last things I added.
Rating: N/A

White Pass Zone by Kuba11 - Giant Ice Cave CTF map. The caves that held the flags seemed too small and cramped to me. Someone could easily spam bounce in there and hit anyone inside. Other places like where the grenades are also had this same problem. Still the map was decent and fun.

Sylvan Shrines Zone by Spherallic - I enjoyed this map a lot. The most obvious problem with this is the map lag, and I guess you already know. I also didn't like how there was only one path, the bridge, to get to the other bases. I still liked the detail though.

Race:

Croissant Mountain Zone by D00D64 - Ah precision jumping we meet again. This was what I really hated about the map, but other than that things in the map looked decent. I would say someone with Tails or Knuckles would do better than someone with Sonic, but then again I could be wrong.
Rating: 4/10

Frozen Hall Zone by Metal Fighter - Hi again. Here we are at my confusing Race map, that apparently bugged the hell out of many people. I was actually going to submit another update to it before the deadline, but I wasn't fast enough. Oh well.
Rating: N/A

Last edited by Azure; 07-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.