SRB2 Hub (1.3)

ERZ3 is very cleverly hidden, but there's no clear telling that its entrance is even safe to go to. Some sort of clue would be very appreciated, rather than a leap of faith.

Pretty neat! Although I have to say, one thing that would look way better than those yellow floor numbers is some sort of actual zone signpost.

Did you mean something like this?
It must admit it looks very good. Although it will be a bit of a pain to implement for each zone.

Pictues:
oepmUGG.png

H5obE9W.png

V15JNol.png

Doing it as a mobj or middletexture might be preferable, since it doesn't have to be so perfectly boxy, then.

It does look pretty nice, though.

Midtexture would be much more preferrable than a sprite, but what he has right there looks a lot nicer than both would ever be.

Okay, just played this now and...

I was expecting a shitty 1.09 like HUB that people use for their hangout servers, but this... The presentation and visuals in this blew me away. Excellent job. If I ever host for fun in coop, I'm never going without this.

Last edited:
I don't do things half-way.
I'm going through with making every single one of the signposts perfectly boxy!
Look out for an update soon!

The first decent lobby, as i wanted to call it, and level selection, for me

The only complain i have is that in some sections, like the fire, pitfalls or warever, kills you, so is possible to get a Game Over if you go and mess too much

Also, you should make it so the level changes when "Everybone" stay on a zone selection, if you know what im saying, like If you want Greenflower Zone Act 1, everybone needs to stay at the Act 1 on Greenflower Zone

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

No, that's not the reason.
As you can see such hidden levels as
Pipe Towers, Aerial Garden, Spring Hill and Azure Temple.
are present and fully accessable.

Oh, ok then

Nice little level you got here! It's so different from your SRB2Rock (didn't even know you were the creator). The zone hubs are pretty creative and fun to play around with. Nice addition of the Master Emerald shrine, BTW.

Eventually I'd like to see more come out of this, as it has a bunch of potential, though small. Good luck, and awesome WAD!

I was expecting this to be some cheap flat hub with nothing in it, but when I loaded it up I have to say I was very impressed. I'm going to review each area separately with a small review because why not?

First off, I love the music choice. It fits with the space theme and everything perfectly. But why don't the doors use the CEIL flat? It really bugs me.

Master Emerald Altar:
There's too much grey everywhere. Try to put some color in here. Also, make the green colormap gradient.

Bonus Level Select:
I like how the NiGHTS room actually has upside-down flowers and such to fit the NiGHTS theme. I also like the way you used Trapgoyles.

Level Select:
I really liked how you used small level sections and level gimmicks in each hub. It really gives variety to each one. I also Like how you hid 1-ups. Individual reviews below:

GFZ:
Nothing much to say here, though I like how you used basic platforming to get to each stage.

THZ:
Why is there a spring to the right from the start?
I really liked how you make players use the goop mechanic to allow access to the second act.

DSZ:
Looks very pretty and the water fountain looks pretty neat.

CEZ:
Looks pretty, but it's a bit confusing at first.

ACZ:
Looks like a small version of ACZ1. I liked how you used the rope pulleys.

RVZ:
Looks nice, but most of the hub is just the first room in RVZ1. I'd say replace that with something else, because it doesn't feel like a hub in it's current state.

ERZ:
This is without a doubt my favorite hub. I thought the switch in the lower area
that turns on a light was neat. The entrance to the second act was
really creative and the path to ERCZ was climactic. Everything looked polished too.

Overall:
This was a really polished hub. It used mechanics from the vanilla levels and every level hub looked very nice.
You can also die in it, which is a plus in my book.

Last edited:
Did you mean something like this?
It must admit it looks very good. Although it will be a bit of a pain to implement for each zone.

Pictues:
oepmUGG.png

H5obE9W.png

V15JNol.png

Not even that, just really simple Act 1, Act 2 signs would be good.

ERZ Hub Tune Idea

I have a better idea for the ERZ Hub tune. If you've played Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff, you would know that TUNES 24 was used in Egg Rock Zone Act 3 in the mod so you should use TUNES 24 in the ERZ hub or somewhere else ERZ related.

Excuse me if I sound incredibly stupid here but, where is the download link? I looked through the entire original post and yet I still haven't found it.

A TOR blacklist was added to the MB earlier. Unfortunately, it seems to be affecting a few legitimate users. The mod author attempted to update the attachment with a new version earlier but got blocked by the blacklist.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back