View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012   #18
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

Single Player Votes

Spoiler:

Industrial Valley Zone Act 1 by me : ducks/tinyducks

Oh hey I contributed in saving the OLDC yay me.
The music is "Machine Area" from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, if people wonder.

Azure Temple Zone by Mystic & Prime 2.0 : 8/10

Okay I'm going to be honest : No matter how rage inducingly difficult this was, it somehow also managed to be fun. All the hard platforming and the puzzles, were introduced and executed very well all the way through, and they were still fair, no matter how hard they were. The only problems I had were how small and clustered the map was, and how rewards were insane to get to. Even torture should have standards. :/

Sonic's Schoolhouse by Boinciel : 6/10

Never played Sonic's Schoolhouse, but I'm just going to assume this level is an accurate representation of what it is. Amusing. All the blocks, all the numbers, Sonic's guidance through the level all felt very entertaining....in a weird, silly kind of way. I don't know how to explain it. the gimmicks all had great replay value though.

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 2 by Blade : 7/10

Not much to say about this one. I pretty much have the same feelings as I did for Act 1, maybe slightly worse. This one felt blander and more straightforward, but nevertheless still good. The ice palace definitely shone with its interesting gimmick.

Chemical Facility Zone Act 2 by CoatRack : 8/10

I don't get all the hate for this. It was fine. Exploitation of water physics was definitely something I was looking for, as I always felt that uderwater physics didn't get as much interest, unlike what the classics did. Gel usage was nice, though you could have done so much more. Aside from that, the plus sides are the same as Act 1.The downsides are that turrets are everywhere. Every platform, every challenge, every everything. They pretty much ruined 15% of the map.
also the conveyors and the annoying music but eeeeh

Lightless Labyrinth Zone by ShadowHog : 6/10

Hello, what's this? no seriously what is this I can't see anything

In all seriousness though, this one felt very enjoyable for the first half. Follow the conveniently placed lights, destroy ghosts, destroy fire ghosts, all in the dark. The second half KILLED me with its enemy abuses and cheap crushers however. Really annoying, really tiresome. In the dark, it's best if some things are left easy.
The boss is nice, it's "original" and worth playing.

Last edited by Zipper; 07-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.