Wizard Model Edit (player.zip) OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

Before you ask, no I did not do this because of the WizardSonic wad, I did it because I was sick of seeing people say the wizard model is uncompatable. Also, I have SSNTails' permision to edit and release this.

Now, when putting an unmotified version of wizard Sonic in, he faces left, runs and walks wierd, falls wierd, dies wierd... you get the idea. With this, he faces forward, runs and walk correctly, dies correctly... once again, you get the idea.

Original model by SSNTails. The model was edited by me. Frames edited to make SRB2 style movements (such as foot tapping) by me.

Put the files in the folder MD2. If you don't have one, make one. Then, put this in md2.dat in your SRB2 folder. If you don't have one, make one.
Code:
PLAY PLAY.md2 3.0 0.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FAZ80Iq80
http://essen.sepwich.com/MD2/screens/srb20011.png
http://essen.sepwich.com/MD2/screens/srb20013.png

Main Download
Here's a program with the MD2 folder, containing the newest model and skin, and the MD2.dat.
Automatic installer

SONIC.png

Extra Skins
(Right Click > Save as)

Dark Sonic
playervj9.png

Grey
player.png

Green
player-1.png

Yellow
player-2.png

Red
player-4.png

SA Sonic
Player-3.png

HMS
player-5.png

SMS
player-7.png

BTD
player-8.png

Demon Sonic
player-6.png

Demon%20Sonic%202.png

Skins by others:
-----------------
darksonic143

Black Sonic
player-91.png

Metal Shoes
player-3r.png

Robo Sonic
player-1.png

-----------------
nitro_the_hedghog

Paws
pawsuh2.png

And the model.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/svpc1e

Shadow the Hedghog
playerex5.png

-----------------
Boinciel

Boinciel's HMS
player-1.png

-----------------
Hyperson

HypersonsEdit.png

-----------------
zck2020

Napolean Dynamite:
npsoniczg3.png

Evil Cyborg:
cyborgcp0.png

Darkspine:
In the MD2.dat type in darkspine.aqm instead of darkspine.md2.
New Skin resize for this model:
darkspineze9.png

And the link:
darkspine.AQM
-----------------
csmgiw

Rainbow Sonic
Player-1.png

-----------------

Also, here's a skin guide.
SkinGuide.jpg

The only thing I noticed were that the spinning frames were messed up and that the death frame might need to be rotated 180*. Other than that, this is fantastic.

darksonic143 said:
well,its ok...i like the running frames and all the other stuff.
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
The only thing I noticed were that the spinning frames were messed up and that the death frame might need to be rotated 180*. Other than that, this is fantastic.
Yeah, spindash is kind of wierd, but I wanted to keep it true to Wizard, and to do the jumps like that, I had to make the spinning like that. Also, the death would look stupid. When viewing from the front, it looks like he's totally okay with being killed. His face stays neutral.

How did you get the texture for Sonic in the first place? I'd love to be able to get more models from Wizard.

Sky Ninja said:
Yeah, spindash is kind of wierd, but I wanted to keep it true to Wizard, and to do the jumps like that, I had to make the spinning like that.
I'm just saying, it would look MUCH better if you fixed up the spinning and the like. The model is already true to wizard, you're just further imroving it some more.

Boinciel said:
How did you get the texture for Sonic in the first place? I'd love to be able to get more models from Wizard.
I made this texture. On my own. It took a long time to figure out where everything went.
@Flame_the_hedgehog I'll try making the spinning work, but I'd probably mess up. I can't make my own models, or majorly edit. Changing Wizard Sonic to spinning will be pretty hard, but I'll try.
@mikesword221 Yeah, but it only works in OpenGL and only MD2s and PNG textures are supported.

Sky Ninja said:
@Flame_the_hedgehog I'll try making the spinning work, but I'd probably mess up. I can't make my own models, or majorly edit. Changing Wizard Sonic to spinning will be pretty hard, but I'll try.
I did see through my testing of this that one of the Knuckles' climb frames with this model has a spin frame on it. You could probably just rotate that, right?

Okay... This looks too awesome to be true but it won't run. I've put all the files in the ZIP into a file named MD2 in my SRB2 folder, Put the line PLAY player.md2 3.0 0.0 into a file md2.dat in my SRB2 folder, and went into OGL, and it still didn't work. Am I missing something?

People are probably going to start editing this into crappy recolors now. Look what you have done, Senku!

The Model isn't even worthy of recoloring, since the skin file was created oddly so many pieces share the same parts, as you can see from my attempt to red tip ONLY his head spines and the very tips of his ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back