srb20001.png

srb20002.png

Download Links:

Download Now: use save as

New Version: http://www.freewebs.com/jmanx13/Jmanver2.zip

Old Version: http://www.freewebs.com/jmanx13/Jman.zip

Download from MySite with details:
http://www.freewebs.com/jmanx13/charwads.htm

Yes 100% from scratch. And what do ya'll it to overpowering?

:| What is my character like a cheat character?

"Cheap moves/Overpowering" is usually referring to the fact that the character has ring throw, lightdash, homing thok/multi thok, has top stats in everything, super form etc. It looks like a human being to me, so don't give it god-like powers.

Well i guess ill get rid of light dash that should be fine.

should i get rid of ringslinging?

Jman said:
Well i guess ill get rid of light dash that should be fine.

should i get rid of ringslinging?

Yeah, ringsling in anything other than match/CTF is pretty much frowned upon. This is because the other modes like co-op is for working together (Hence the name.) and you shouldn't kill the people you're working with.

1-Up said:
I like the bored frame. :D

Yeah, "Jman, you must save the world from being taken over by a madman who wants to take over the universe!" "Hang on! After 75 more levels on the DS!"

That was bad, I know.

Arctic Fox said:
This is because the other modes like co-op is for working together (Hence the name.) and you shouldn't kill the people you're working with.
Then kill enemies with it rather than players. Duh. :roll:

While I don't play with custom characters in SRB2 very much, I must say that it is VERY refreshing to see someone actually make a character from scratch.

That being said, I'll start my review.

Graphically, you did a pretty good job with this. Shading, drawing, all very nice. One problem that immediately arises is that the offsets on his running sprites are off. Notice how he seems to jump around.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/SS2K5/FanGame-SRB2Stuffs/XWE.png
See where the two red circles are pointing? Mess around with those numbers until the running sprites are all aligned properly.

Another problem that arises is that the character is thokking. While this may not seem like a problem, when you consider the other options, thokking doesn't make too much sense. For example, wouldn't Gliding without climbing work better? It's not like you can't adjust the speed of the ability so that it works right. A faster glide that way might work better.

Running on water shouldn't be happening, quite simply, because it doesn't look right with the running sprites. It also has an awkward feel to it. May be best to just take that out.

And lastly, I understand why you'd use a spindash. But the ring trail just doesn't work. It may be best to just leave it as what it is normally. It's only really a good idea if it looks right with the character. And, if you leave it normal, SRB2JTE/ShufflARB2/PrettySRB2 will leave a nice image aftereffect with it, which would look a LOT better then a ring trail.

It looks good, but the shading looks like the lighting source is coming out of the ground to the right of him. SRB2's sprite's lighting source is above them.

Im not changing the ability. Im keeping runonwater. The only thing im getting rid of my sound when i thok or jump. When im playing it annoys me.

Jman said:
I'm getting rid of my sound when i thok or jump. When I'm playing it annoys me.

Please remember to use Apostrophes *shot*

It's the Same thing with Zim and the voice version of HMS123311. They annoyed the hell out of other people.

Your physically the first person in a while to finish a human wad that isn't mario or another video game character. Not to offend Sykotic, of course (his human wad isn't quite finished as of yet.)

Wow this looks like a cool wad i'm gonna download it, but i have to wait till i get to my computer to download, but anyways good job.

Jman said:
Im not changing the ability. Im keeping runonwater. The only thing im getting rid of my sound when i thok or jump. When im playing it annoys me.

Would you mind explaining the logic of the decision then?

:evil: If it annoys me Im sure most other people will find it annoying.
thats why i made a Jmanver2.wad, with out the annoy cosmic kick sound when u thok. Also when u are super he doesnt look regular when u jump anymore.

I guess you missed the point of my question. Either that, or I should have only left in the main question I was asking.

Why don't you want to take out Thok and Run on water? Like I said before, they don't have a very good...Feel to them. The running on water, combinedwith the running animation just feels awkward. Thokking isn't so much of a kick, as Glide without Climb does, which, presumedly, is the point of the character's ability.

And if you could fix your spelling and grammar, it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back