Records.SRB2.org - New Official Record Tracker (beta!)

So, I ended up doing an experiment with replays, which I got the idea of from being on the... somewhat poorly conceived tiers list thread. Either way, have my fastest run of Silver making his run through GFZ1. This totally can be faster, for /certain/.

But yeah, I'm posting it on the thread, since we certainly don't have the system in place to handle modded characters making speed runs. Plus, how would you determine which ones are acceptable, even among modded characters?

Edit: ended up doing one for Flare, too. Again, could have some improvement.
Edit: decided to change up the formatting of my records, and snipped the previous links, so I don't have to have a notice each time. Just assume that each addition to the list is a new edit.

Silver GFZ1: 16.00
Flare GFZ1: 16.80
Robo-Hood GFZ1: 23.80

Last edited:
Lol guys i got 9 seconds in greenflower 1

You kind of need proof, you know?
I mean
That doesn't sound very plausible currently, without mods or something.

EDIT: I thought the best record was around 16 seconds, and that it was very hard to get 14 seconds, let alone 9, sorry. Didn't mean to sound discouraging.
You still would need proof, like a recording or something

Last edited:

20d723853e.png

I really hope Robo-Hood at some point becomes an actual character we can submit records for.

The bug where records with same rings but a better time cannot be submitted to the records website is still not fixed by the way.

Last edited:
So I've been running through the SRB1 remake recently, and when I tried to submit my replays, it said an internal error occurred while uploading the file, so is submitting records broken for the SRB1 remake at the moment?

Edit: The issue is fixed, so never mind about this, and if you fixed it, then thank you.

Last edited:
20d723853e.png

I really hope Robo-Hood at some point becomes an actual character we can submit records for.

The bug where records with same rings but a better time cannot be submitted to the records website is still not fixed by the way.
Speaking of Robo-Hood, will other characters from the MB be allowed to participate in speedrunning for the website someday?

Honestly, I'm wondering if I should make a dedicated thread for sharing records for custom characters, since there does seem to be interest for them, yet I'm concerned that it would bloat this thread.

Plus, with a dedicated thread, I could have a list of records on the first post, editing it in order to keep it up to date.

What does everyone else think?

Uploading replays seems to be broken, always get
Code:
Sorry! An error occurred while trying to upload your replay.

Internal error occurred while uploading file. Please try again.
When attempting to upload a replay.

Zippy Zero tried it a while ago, and even despite the Sql problems, uploading the records seems to work again. Also, there's HMTL code of an Sql error in the start of the replay files. You can play the demos if you use Notepad, for example, to delete the first few lines of the replay file until there's the data left.

I can confirm, regardless if a reply was recently uploaded or not, the script will inject that SQL error as html code into the reply file when downloading.

So is this thing officially abandoned now? Since Inuyasha is no longer staff and it doesn't seem like anybody touched it in a while (the SUGOI page lists 2.1.16 as the recommended SRB2 version and SUBARASHII was never added).

Not intended to be permanently abandoned (we have the source and credentials to change stuff behind the scenes and enact maintenence), but that requires time and patience which isn't spare right now. Apologies for the state it's been left in, anyways.

In case the record site will be moderated, I want to say that my score in DSZ2 is an accidentally uploaded replay done in a mod that used the main replay folder

Not that it were easy to maintain the records site fast, and not that it would preventing uploading or anything important, but it seems like 2.1.20 is the "current" version.

Some days ago R3FR4G noticed this issue on the records site, and the same happens to me too: The log in feature of the record site is broken. When you get the username and password right, it just sends you back to the main page of the site without letting you be logged in.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back