A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm allergic to good spritework. I hope you plan on packing an antihistamine with the game once 2.2 comes out.

Because we're not quite close enough to finishing what we're going to include to give one. The current goal being "finish ACZ" means we need to make a map and a boss act, and currently we're still working on the "make a map" half of that. (Not to mention the runaway katamari that is slopes will mean we're going to be spending time going through our current content to see what would be better retrofitted with them, and the fact that efforts have lately been focused on other things like the DSZ revamp.... Yeah, we'll never claim to be goal-focused.)

Let me put it this way: One of our internal "this would be nice to hit" goals for 2.2 was this past April. That obviously never even came close to happening.

Last edited:
If nothing else, I'm really happy that your goal still seems to be "sooner rather than later", even if you never came close to finishing it by April. Having an internal date set and working toward it is much more productive than an ambiguous "Oh, whenever we finish it", even if you fall behind schedule.

Thank you so much guys for all the work you've put into this game!

Oh my god, Sonic looks amazing! Oh, and quick question, will the old spindash still be usable? Still, MotorRoach's sprites are beautiful.

Why would you want the old spindash to be usable? It's literally just the rolling frames re/overused. Not really that interesting.

I think it'd work for specific characters that don't necessarily perform a spindash but some other implied technique. Also if for some odd reason you wanted to pay homage to the spindash in Sonic CD...

...but on the other hand it's probably pretty easy to switch it back using Lua. At the same time you could make a better looking spindash/spin ability with Lua in the first place, so yeah.

I think it would be best to create a character flag like PF_OLDASH or something to at least let older characters still use it.

Not that I have any idea why you would even want to do that, though. That's the worst idea for a downgrade I've seen in a while.

I'd love to see a sonic AND tails redesign (more sonic though, since I think tails is fine) since Sonic's look this way for quite some time now!

I'd love to see a sonic AND tails redesign (more sonic though, since I think tails is fine) since Sonic's look this way for quite some time now!

Sonic already got his new set of sprites made by Motorroach. Tails on the other hand is unconfirmed for his new sprites.

Unconfirmed for new sprites? When did we ever say, or even imply, that Tails was getting new sprites?

it will have 64-bit version? .-.
The only thing a 64-bit build would do for this game is cause headaches when trying to play netgames. Nothing about SRB2 would benefit from running a 64-bit build as opposed to a 32-bit build, which runs natively on most processors and has an imperceptible, if any, performance penalty on the few that don't. So no.

Tails' sprites are being remade by iceman404.
srb20003.png

That thing is ancient and possibly even outdated compared to our current standards. iceman himself said he's not working on it anymore, I really wouldn't bet on its completion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back