View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011   #29
Katmint

My multiplayer votes. I won't be voting on SP this contest, so this is my only vote post.

Match

Forst Rush Zon Zone by Scizor300 - 1/10
Too small, barely enough room for 2 players, if even that. Also a bad rush job, etc. etc., you already know this. :P

Sandstorm Zone by Dails - 3/10
The colored sands clash with the black and white theme of the map. The map could use more content, and the gaps in the rock platform at the top of the map were annoying, although it did help prevent camping of the monitors.

Zero Effort Flower Zone Act 12 by D00D64 - 5/10
Came out pretty fun despite being a rush job, although it could use less pits.

AccursedDonut wad by Charybdizs - 1/10

Very empty. I like the concept, but it doesn't play well. The severe lag is what hurts the stage most, as I can't hit anyone much less see them with the horrible framerate.

Egg Hangar Hangman Hanger Zone by KO.T.E. and Spherallic - 7/10
Fun, but flawed. It feels kind of rushed, and the damaging electric grids kind of come out of nowhere. I also thought that you could walk on the lasers at first since there were goodies placed on the end of them. The pillars that move up and down really fast are fun to try and shoot people on. Also, tone down the sound effects please. :P

CTF

Frozen Destruction Zone by Scizor300 - 2/10
The base design is decent, but can be annoying if the control lag is bad. And there's pretty much nothing in the map aside from the bases.

Angle Forest Zone by Katmint - N/A
2 hour rush job, most of which was spent on the thing placement. Anyway, people complained that Cold Sea was too small and open, so I made this one bigger and less open. But I overdid it and it came out a little too big. On a side note, I don't see how it's mazelike, it's pretty much as linear as you can get. Which isn't a good thing either, but still, it's not a maze. :P

Mossy Mushroom Zone by RedEchidna - 4/10
Decent, but the mushrooms get in the way more than they help, since I kept accidentally hitting them on the side and getting knocked away. The base design could also use some work. Try placing the flag on top of the ledge instead of behind it, or something. :P

Race

Lost Feelings Island by Internet Explorer - 6/10
This is your best map yet. The visuals feel just right for a race map. But I suggest getting rid of the route at the start that leads to a dead end, I missed the main path and was lost at the dead end for a while. It's also a little long, but it really doesn't hurt the map. On a closing note, the speed boosting river toward the end was fun. :P

Burned Mystic Desert Zone by Miles Knuckle Power - 1/10
Well, the only good thing is that you didn't use the crumbling platforms again. The rest of the flaws from Acid Valley are still here, including the atrocious zoom tube that is impossible to enter unless you are exactly lined up with the small hole.

Last edited by Katmint; 05-03-2011 at 08:11 PM.