A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to ask for the impossible, but is there a chance the glitch where messages not appearing in chat when in a server could be fixed?
I know it is a pain in the butt when you type a 2 line answer with the fear that it wont show up but oddly it appears on their pc/laptop.

Don't sell your skills short, devs. While you are a small team and very little about SRB2 is "perfect", you guys have done a damn fine job over the years making it from a decent sonic fangame into a fantastic one, and the quality has been creeping close to "perfect" with each successive release.

Also, OOH! You guys are considering making changes to ringslinging itself?! Now I'm very curious to see where that rabbit hole will go.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog's fanbase trends heavily in that (ADD, aspergers) direction.

Probably because Sonic himself trends in that direction.

I mean, we've all seen him wigging the heck out in that prison cell in Sonic Adventure 2, right? And his overall goofishness (and talking to himself talking to robots) in Colors? And his continual lack of attention and his feeling that standing still for more than 10 seconds is boring enough for him to want to take a nap, right?

Dude's definitely got ADD, and probably Aspergers too.

Which, speaking as a twenty-something with both of those, it's pretty neat to see. He just takes it and rolls with it, and I find that kinda inspiring.

I can't really think of another character who is clearly on the spectrum for either of those who is a likeable and overall awesome hero.

Probably because Sonic himself trends in that direction.

I mean, we've all seen him wigging the heck out in that prison cell in Sonic Adventure 2, right? And his overall goofishness (and talking to himself talking to robots) in Colors? And his continual lack of attention and his feeling that standing still for more than 10 seconds is boring enough for him to want to take a nap, right?
When was younger I did lose my care for thing when things take too long.

Aspergers people (Like me) tend to twitch their finger or foot without control.

In older sonic games sonic tap a foot. I dont know is it me or when i get bored I tap my foot with out control and it feels nice, yet again I don't know why.

Only coming from a autistic person who DON'T want a cure for it.
EDIT:I have autism very minor.

Last edited:
VlJmvey.png

my usertitle is suddenly accurate

So is putting those things there easy now or do you still have to do stupid shit like coating extra linedefs everywhere or add a bunch of FOFs or make absurdly tall textures with TEXTUREx.

Yes, it certainly looks way more appealing and decent to the theme of the level. The shadow just needs to be shorter, and the texture you made just needs to be a bit more refined, but other than that, it's pretty amazing.

I think the grass on the sides needs to be a little shorter. Look at the circle the ring monitor is standing on, it's completely covered in grass. But other than that, it's great. Still think the grass texture itself needs to be redone though. Like others said, it looks like a bunch of blotches of different shades of green paint.

I think the grass on the sides needs to be a little shorter. Look at the circle the ring monitor is standing on, it's completely covered in grass. But other than that, it's great. Still think the grass texture itself needs to be redone though. Like others said, it looks like a bunch of blotches of different shades of green paint.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure the grass is copypasted from another texture somewhere in the game files.

Still think the grass texture itself needs to be redone though. Like others said, it looks like a bunch of blotches of different shades of green paint.

There's only so much you can do when you're working with a limited color palette.

All in all the grass hedge definitely has the right idea. There's been a trend of everyone doing texture hacks to "prettify" GFZ1, but the main problem is just bad color distribution throughout the level's theming. The new grass hedges separates the big chunks of brown rock with strips of green. It's visually interesting. No level needs this more than Act 2, though.

As for the ground, it just needs to be simpler. Green stripes, green checkerboards, w/e. Currently it's too detailed to compliment GFZROCK.

ALSO, if slopes make it in, the player needs to be able to discern the slopes spacially. For that reason, simpler patterns are better.

Last edited:
There's only so much you can do when you're working with a limited color palette.

Isn't the green palette the one with the most shades?
Also that texture reminds me the one from Sapphire Falls, it still looks pretty.

ALSO, if slopes make it in, the player needs to be able to discern the slopes spacially. For that reason, simpler patterns are better.

I think I see a slope in that picture, in the far right at the cave entrace.

Also, the emblem in the middle of the circle of rings in the sky is gone.

>implying anything about that image is official

Silly fillies, toaster isn't even a dev! She just likes to think she is.

EsSF4ol.png

The ruse unfurls... Truly, you have all been bamboozled by my trickstery ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back