Future downtime, and Hotmail ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by LoganA on 02-20-2012 06:19 PM.

The data center the SRB2.org server sits at will have 8 hour downtime on February 25, 2012, at 6pm CST

Oh, and someone submitted false spam report on SRB2MB and SRB2 Wiki emails on Hotmail, so Hotmail has banned the server from sending email to hotmail, msn, and live users. If you wish to change your account to a different email, you can, I’ll be watching the mailbox of the MB and Wiki, and forward emails messages from a non-blocked account.

More...

Well, I changed my email so i can receive updates. But why would someone send false reports?

Last edited:
If you mean private messages, then no, that has nothing to do with email at all.

Last edited:
I can't believe people still use Hotmail, it's such a poor service in comparison to Gmail.

I can't believe people still use Hotmail, it's such a poor service in comparison to Gmail.

I agree with that. Its just god awful compare to Gmail and Yahoo mail.
And I still use AOL mail. And thats older then Hotmail and better then that.

I sorta don't understand what is going on but I'm guessing there will not be a MSN contact under 'Contact Info' anymore?

No, what this means is that you won't be able to use Hotmail to sign up for a forum account here because Hotmail is deleting all of our e-mail as spam. If you already registered for your forum account using Hotmail, you'll need to set up a new e-mail and change your registration e-mail to that new e-mail if you ever want to receive e-mails from us (such as if you want to recover your password, for example) or those e-mails won't get through.

No, what this means is that you won't be able to use Hotmail to sign up for a forum account here because Hotmail is deleting all of our e-mail as spam. If you already registered for your forum account using Hotmail, you'll need to set up a new e-mail and change your registration e-mail to that new e-mail if you ever want to receive e-mails from us (such as if you want to recover your password, for example) or those e-mails won't get through.

Got it, I'm in the safe zone because I am using Gmail.

Because I can't be bothered, plus I use the desktop client anyway.

But I don't know why I don't have a Gmail anyway considering I have a Google account. I should set one up and change my email here to it.

Just FYI

<Alam_Squeeze> Katmint: there a typo on the post
<Alam_Squeeze> "The building has informed us that "Oak Tower is scheduled to have a power outage for switch gear maintenance Saturday, February 25, 2012, from 6am to 6pm."

So yeah, the maintenance actually starts at 6am CST, not at 6pm CST.

Here's my opinion on this... I am just unable to do with gmail...Since I use Hotmail from a long time now, I can't get used to Yahoo or Gmail...even though I have a Gmail...

You know what? I don't mind. I'll change my Mail registration right away. I want to be informed when the new version of SRB2 will be released.

Sorry for bumping,but i think the Hotmail ban has been removed...

259iedt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back